[sg16-avd] Preparation for the next study period

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Thu Jun 18 12:44:14 EDT 2015

WP1/16 Experts,

We have only 2 meetings left in this ITU-T study period.  As we prepare
for the next study period, we always work to prepare revised text of
Questions.  Some Questions are merged, some deleted, and new ones
created.

With respect to WP1, the Rapporteurs believe that we should merge Q1,
Q2, and Q5.  Q3 and Q21 would remain separate, though there are still
questions about whether we should split some work in Q21 and move it to
a Question in WP2.  Unfortunately, I do not have a formal proposal from
the Rapporteur, yet.

What we have prepared, though, is draft text of what we intend to
propose as the new Q1/16 and Q3/16 (numbers are subject to change, but
we use these numbers for the benefit of those active in the work):
Merged Q1, Q2, Q5:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2013-2016/1506_Che/AVD-4698.zip
Revised Q3:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2013-2016/1506_Che/AVD-4717.zip

If you have input to provide on suggested changes, please feel free to
do one of the following:
hopefully, will find their way into revised text at the next SG16
meeting.
2) Send the Rapporteurs email privately, so they can take your input on
a particular Question
3) Submit a contribution to the next SG16 meeting proposing changes

Kindest Regards,
Paul E. Jones
Vice Chair, SG16