[sg16-avd] Rapporteur meetings of Q1 and Q2 in November 2014

Patrick Luthi patrick.luthi at tandberg.com
Fri Oct 3 10:39:40 EDT 2014

Dear experts,

Yesterday, October 2, was the deadline that the Q1 and Q2 Rapporteurs set to
make a final decision on having or not having a Q1 and a Q2 Rapporteur
meeting in November in Seoul.

We have not received additional indication for proposed contributions and we
received some responses in favour of progressing our work by correspondence.
As you know, under the ITU-T rules, we must have a significant number of
both contributions and member organizations wanting to attend in order to
justify an interim experts meeting. These criteria ensure the successful
progress of our work. Unfortunately, this is not the case for either Q1 or
Q2 this time.

Therefore, we regretfully have to announce that there will be NO meetings of
Q1/16 and Q2/16 in Seoul. Our next meeting will be in February 2015 in
Geneva. Please note that this cancellation only concerns Q1/16 and Q2/16!

In the interim, we encourage everyone to progress work by e-mail
correspondence in order to have a fruitful SG16 meeting in February 2015.

Best regards,

Patrick Luthi, Rapporteur for Q1/16

Paul Jones, Rapporteur for Q2/16