[sg16-avd] Update on the work related to H.325 / AMS

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Mon Jan 6 21:17:04 EST 2014

Folks,

I have been asked by a number of people for an update on the Advanced
Multimedia System (AMS) / H.325.  The mailing lists have been pretty
quiet, but work is steadily progressing.  I was also asked to refresh
the AMS project page at the ITU.  I produced a draft, but it still needs
some work, as we're trying to present it simply and concisely; I have a
tendency for verbosity.

However, an update was definitely in order since it has been several
years, in fact, since I updated my "overview" slides.  Since that time,
there has been a lot of progress in terms of defining the message flows,
the relationship between entities, and the signaling syntax of the new
system.

The presentation is available in several formats, so please use
whichever format you prefer:
http://hive.packetizer.com/users/packetizer/papers/h325/ams_overview_and_update.pptx
http://hive.packetizer.com/users/packetizer/papers/h325/ams_overview_and_update.pdf
http://hive.packetizer.com/users/packetizer/papers/h325/ams_overview_and_update.xps

Feel free to direct questions to me or the the
h325-design at lists.packetizer.com mailing list.

Best regards and I wish everyone a happy new year!
Paul E. Jones
Rapporteur, ITU-T Q2/16