[sg16-avd] Preparation for ITU-T Q13, 28/16 Experts Meeting, Southe Africa, 6-10 May 2013

Masahito Kawamori kawamorim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 03:21:01 EDT 2013

To Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions 13 and 28

Cc Mr Y Naito, Chairman of SG16 <yushi.naito at ties.itu.int>
   Mr P Jones, Vice Chairman of SG16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
   Mr S-H Jeong, Vice Chairman of SG16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
   Mr N Luo, Vice Chairman of SG16 <noah at huawei.com>
   Mr G Daniel, Vice Chairman of SG16 <danielgaby at hotmail.com>
   Mr M El-Megharbel, Vice Chairman of SG16 <melmegharbel at tra.gov.eg>
   Mr K Isaev, Vice Chairman of SG16 <kh.isaev at aci.uz>
   Mr H Kullmann, Vice Chairman of SG16 <Harald.Kullmann at telekom.de>
   Mr N Ntlatlapa, Vice Chairman of SG16 <Nntlatlapa at csir.co.za>
   Mr S Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>

   Mr SH Jeong, Chairman of WP2/SG16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr >

   Mr M Kawamori, Rapporteur for Q13/16 <kawamori.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp>
   Mr M Moreno, Associate Rapporteur for Q13/16 <moreno at ice.ufjf.br>
   Mr SG Kang, Associate Rapporteur for Q14/16 <sgkang at etri.re.kr>
   Mr HJ Kim, Rapporteur for Q25/16 <khj at etri.re.kr>
   Mr J Lee, Rapporteur for Q26/16 <jslee at rim.com>
   Mr S Pennock, Rapporteur for Q27/16 <spennock at qnx.com>
   Mr M Kawamori, Rapporteur for Q28/16 <kasamori.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp>

Dear experts of Q13 and 28/16

Our next experts meeting will be held during IPTV-GSI eventon 6-10 May
2013,in Johannesburg, South Africa, at the kind invitation of
Department of Communications of South Africa, in conjunction with
South Africa's Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
This is planned to meet together with Q14/16.

Details of the proposed meeting in IPTV-GSI has been already uploaded
as TSB ciecular 10:
<http://www.itu.int/md/T13-TSB-CIR-0010/en>

I'm sorry for the short and late notice, but,
in preparation for this Q13 and Q28 meeting according to SG16 official
procedure, please could you let me know:

a) if you intend to come to the meeting, and
b) whether you intend to submit any contributions (how many contributions and
provisional titles please)

It is essential that we know your intentions so that we can make a
decision on whether to
go ahead with the meeting or adjust the meeting duration. If there is
insufficient interest
and/or insufficient contributions then the meeting will not be authorised.

As always, all we need to know are your intentions at this stage - if
you could let me have
provisional titles for any contributions then this would also help.

Please let me know this information as soon as possible, at least by
Tuesday 23 April, which is the deadline of IPTV-GSI contribution.

Outline of meeting is as follows:

1. Date
^^^^^^^

    6 (Monday) - 10 (Friday) May 2013
    Rapporteur Meeting will start at 9:00 on the first day and
    close around 18:00 on the last day.

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

    Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel,
    Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
    Phone: +27 11 286 1039 / 40 / 41

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The objectives of this meeting were agreed in January (see here:
http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/studygroups/com16/Pages/meetings.aspx) and
will be to:

-Progress work on:
(For Q13/16)
o H.721
o H.762
o H.741.3
o H.IPTV-AM2
o H.IPTV-MAFR.10
o H.IPTV-MAFR.13
o H.IPTV-TDES.3
o H.IPTV-TDES.4
o H.IPTV-TDES.5
o H.IPTV-Widget
o HSTP.IPTV-WBSD
o HSTP.IPTV-SMTD
o HSTP.IPTV-UVS
o HSTP.IPTV-Gloss

(For Q13/16)
o H.MEDX
o H.IDGPHS

- Discuss new work items.

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

   Documents must be registered by 23:59 UTC, Tuesday 23 April 2013.
   Submit your contributionss to TSB IPTV secretariat at <tsbiptv at itu.int>

5. Other information

    Detailed information on logistic, registration and visa, hotel room
    reservation is also contained in TSB circular 10.

Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you ASAP, at least by
Tuesday 23 April.

Best regards

Masahito Kawamori

Rapporteur,