[itu-sg16] FW: [dispatch] The creation of the INSIPID WG has been approved

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Sun Mar 18 20:56:44 EDT 2012

Folks,

I just wanted to let you know that the IETF has created a new working group
called INSIPID, which aims to define the end-to-end session identifier.
This is an item on the Q2/16 work programme.

It has taken a long time to get to this point.  Nonetheless, the plan
remains that we will try to adopt the same solution in Q2 in order to allow
this identifier to pass end-to-end even when interworking between H.323 and
SIP systems.

If anyone wishes to get directly involved in the end-to-end session
identifier work, there is an IETF mailing list and a meeting at the upcoming
IETF meeting in Paris.