[itu-sg16] Call for Sponsors for the 2nd ITU IPTV Application Challenge

Campos, Simao simao.campos at itu.int
Tue Apr 17 06:20:44 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

Relaying a message from ITU-T's Interop team.

Following the success of the 1st IPTV Application Challenge<http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/challenges/201110/Pages/iptv.aspx>, ITU is planning to launch its 2nd IPTV Application Challenge (http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/challenges/Pages/cfi.aspx ). The Challenge will aim at discovering innovative IPTV applications, and expanding the range of the broad IPTV ecosystem.
An awards ceremony, as well as a showcasing of the most promising apps, are planned during WTSA-12<http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/wtsa-12/Pages/default.aspx> in Dubai, November 2012 (http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/wtsa-12/Pages/default.aspx ). The World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly is ITU-T's highest decision making organ, meets every four years and is likely to attract 1000 senior representatives from ITU Member States and Sector Members.

As demonstrated in the 1st IPTV Application Challenge<http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/challenges/201110/Pages/iptv.aspx>, the Challenge will present a significant marketing opportunity for potential sponsors to make their profile visible to a high-level audience. Also, the Platinum sponsors (contributing USD 10,000) will be given a non-exclusive, one-year, world-wide, royalty-free license to use the submitted applications and videos for promotion, public display, informational, educational or awareness purposes. We would like to know if you would be interested in sponsoring the Challenge to fund the monetary prize and to support the awards ceremony and the showcasing. We would appreciate if you could let us know your thought by 27 April, so we could further explain the sponsors' benefits.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

ITU IPTV Application Challenge Team
iptvchallenge at itu.int<mailto:iptvchallenge at itu.int>