[itu-sg16] Contribution for today's audio meeting

Masahito Kawamori kawamorim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:59:39 EST 2010

Dear Mr. Noah Luo,

Thank you for your post.

It is indeed the case that the sessions for Q21, Q22, and Q25 are not
planned in the afternoon.
But we must find the space (and available time) for the informal gathering.
That is another matter.

I am trying now.

Thank you for everyone's understanding, and I would like to
thank Mr. Luo for clearing the schedule for Q21, Q22 (and Q25 because some
experts need to attend it also) for our purpose.

Sincerely,
Chiaki Ishikawa

On (11/17/2010 05:09 PM), Noah Luo wrote:
> Dear All
>
> It is not an exact description that I had freed the afternoon session for
> the
> joint meeting between Q.21,22/16 and JTC 1/SC 31/WG 6.
>
> Indeed,what I have done is to avoid arranging any Q21,22,25 session for
> Monday afternoon at Mr.Ishikawa's request.
>
> Monday afternoon, according to our current Agenda,is to be used for other
> Questions.
> Please have this clarification.
>
> Noah
>

> -----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
> ·¢¼þÈË: itu-sg16-bounces at lists.packetizer.com
> [mailto:itu-sg16-bounces at lists.packetizer.com] ´ú±í Olivier Dubuisson
> ·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2010Äê11ÔÂ16ÈÕ 23:08
> ÊÕ¼þÈË: Paul E. Jones
> ³­ËÍ: 'Ô½‰V µÇ'; itu-sg16 at lists.packetizer.com
> Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [itu-sg16] Extra room availability in the afternoon of Nov 29th.
>
> Paul,
>
> it is my understanding that Noah has freed the afternoon session for the
> joint meeting between Q.21,22/16 and JTC 1/SC 31/WG 6. I will let
> Chiaki-san confirm as he is the one who had the email exchange with Noah.
>
> Olivier
>
> On 16/11/2010 16:03, Paul E. Jones wrote:
>> Ishikawa-san,
>>
>> It would be possible to use the meeting room during the lunch break (12:40
> - 14:00).  Another option is to have the meeting at 08:00 (or earlier).  I
> can be there early to help facilitate an early morning meeting, though I
> would prefer that we not have that early morning meeting on the very first
> day so that I can be free to help with logistical issues that might arise on
> the first day.
>>
>> However, 14:00 is the time for meetings to resume, so it would not be
> possible to use the room during that time unless Noah adjusts the schedule
> to allocate time specifically for this meeting.
>>
>> Paul

>>> Subject: [itu-sg16] Extra room availability in the afternoon of Nov
>>> 29th.
>>>
>>> Dear Paul,
>>>
>>> Allow me to introduce myself.
>>>
>>> My name is Chiaki Ishikawa (SCAT) from Japan.
>>>
>>> I am going to attend the meeting at Cisco building later this month.
>>>
>>> Thank you for taking care of the meeting logistics and all that.
>>>
>>> Now, I have to ask you a favor.
>>>
>>> Some experts from Q.22, Q.21, and Q.25, as well as external experts from
>>> ISO and elsewhere, have been discussing an issue that needs to be
>>> resolved between ITU-T and ISO, and specifically JCA-NID meetings took
>>> place this year to address this issue. The earlier meeting could not
>>> resolve this, and so an liaison statement was sent from ITU-T SG16 to
>>> ISO SC 31 WG6. And an informal ad-hoc meeting and teleconferences of
>>> experts have been going on since August to address this issue.
>>>
>>> We are close to some agreement about the technical direction (if I am
>>> not
>>> mistaken,) and also about the procedure (a formal response to the LS is
>>> in the waiting to be voted by ISO SC 31 WG6 the last time I heard.)
>>>
>>> Many participants of this ad-hoc meeting gather in Research Triangle to
>>> attend this SG16 WP2 rapporteur meeting and so we would like to hold a
>>> meeting for a couple of hours, at least, in the afternoon of Nov.
>>> 29th to discuss this matter in an informal manner.
>>> Mr. Noah Luo was kind enough to clear the schedule of Q.21, Q.22, and