[itu-sg16] Updating AVD-3995 "Proposal of additional Interface E for AMS"

OKUBO Sakae okubo at mxz.mesh.ne.jp
Tue Nov 30 06:31:02 EST 2010

Dear Paul,

I have uploaded AVD-3995a at the /Incoming. According to the Monday
discussion, the following additions to G-1nn items of the Requirements
document have been made:

- Definition of Interface K
- Protocol for Interface K
- Protocol for Interface C

Please note that the third point was not raised at the yesterday's
discussion, but I have included it to make the Requirements document
complete by covering all of the interfaces (A, B, C, E, K) except
interface D that is not subject to standardization (see MED-109).

One thing needing further consideration is if the protocol for Interface
C (for media flow) is single or multiple. Currently the requirement says:

"A protocol shall be defined or specified for communication over
Interface C."

In terms of transport, it may be single like RTP, but variety of
application media may flow through this interface C.

Best regards,

OKUBO Sakae
e-mail: okubo at aoni.waseda.jp, mobile phone: +81 90 2477 8603
Visiting Professor
Global Information and Telecommunication Institute (GITI)
Waseda University
Waseda University, YRP Ichibankan 312 Tel: +81 46 847 5406
3-4 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken
239-0847 Japan
H.323 videoconferencing: arranged by advice