[itu-sg16] Q2 and Q12 face-to-face meeting cancelled for March

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Tue Feb 2 11:27:28 EST 2010

Folks,

After consulting with a number of experts and the SG16 management, I have
decided to cancel the planned face-to-face Rapporteur meetings for Questions
2 and 12 that were planned for March in Shanghai.  Meetings of other
Questions in WP2/16 will continue as planned.

For Q2 (H.323), it was simply felt that there were not going to be enough
contributions to justify the meeting.  This is quite understandable, since
we just completed work on new and revised Recommendations, including
H.323v7, H.225.0v7, and H.245v15.  Items we had on the agenda will be
carried over to the next SG16 meeting.

For Q12 (H.325/AMS), the situation is quite different.  There is continued
activity, but we have found electronic meetings to work rather well.  As
such, there is less of a need for a face-to-face meeting to progress the
work.  Of course, we will hold Q12 meetings face-to-face in Geneva at the
next SG16 meeting.  For those who are unaware of the Q12/16 meetings we hold
on a regular basis, please find the meeting schedule and participation
information here: http://www.packetizer.com/calendar/.

Kindest Regards,

Paul E. Jones

Rapporteur Q2/16 and Q12/16