[itu-sg16] H.323 Annex I

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Wed Sep 23 18:13:57 EDT 2009

Q2 Experts,

Please review the text for H.323 Annex I:

http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2009-2012/0906_Gen/AVD-3752.zip

This document did not get sufficient review at the last Rapporteur meeting,
but I would nonetheless like to consent this text at the upcoming meeting.

Annex I was substantially re-written, but it is relatively short and the
focus of the document is not changed: it defines the signaling procedures
necessary to implement FEC as defined in IETF RFC 5103, which obsoletes the
former FEC method detailed in RFC 2733.  Going forward, the intent would be
that if we want to document anywhere how H.323 devices ought to behave in
order to overcome issues with error-prone channels, we might add additional
material to this annex (perhaps even restructuring it if necessary).

In any case, I would kindly like to request that you review this document.
I will make an effort to re-submit it to this meeting unchanged as it appear
here.  However, if you have any comments on the text, let me know this week
or early next week and I'll try to make revisions and share those with the
Experts before I submit the text.

Of course, you are definitely welcome to submit a contribution related to
this text for review at the meeting.