[itu-sg16] Forward Error Correction

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Wed Oct 28 15:45:20 EDT 2009

H.323 Developers,

One of the documents we are considering for H.323 during the present
SG16 meeting is Annex I, which details the use of RFC 5109 within H.323
systems.  A contribution came into this meeting proposing that we expand
the scope of Annex I to consider the newer FEC Framework, which is
probably a good thing to do.

However, if we delay the approval of Annex I, I do not want that to
negatively impact anyone who has plans to incorporate Annex I into their
products.  Would you please reply to me via this list or privately if a
decision to delay Annex I might have an impact on your product plans?

Thanks,
Paul E. Jones
Rapporteur ITU-T Q2/16