[itu-sg16] Progressing work in Q2/16

Olivier DUBUISSON olivier.dubuisson at orange-ftgroup.com
Fri Jul 24 09:43:00 EDT 2009

Paul,

here are some editorial changes:

* H.323v7:
- it is better to remove the whitespace in front of each opening
parenthesis in an OID as it makes it easier to understand when a number
is associated with an identifier and avoid any confusion in the case a
number without an associated identifier is followed by a number (a
possible case)
- clause 2: Add a reference to the ITU-T X.680 series as well as to
X.690 and X.691 since both BER and PER are mentioned; I see a normative
reference to X.680 in Annex R: This is unusual!
- clause 4: OID is not defined as an acronym for Object-Id (I would
prefer not to use that acronym throughout the text, though!)
- Clause M4.5.3: Add an OID to the ASN.1 module; is this the only ASN.1
module in that standard?
- M5.3: 'i' missing in OBJECT IDENTIFIER in the first sentence

* H.225.0v7:
- Clause 2 doesn't reference the latest edition of the X.680 and X.690
series
- Annex H: Add an OID to the ASN.1 module
- Table VI.1: remove leading zeroes within icd-ecma(0012)
- it is also better to remove the whitespace in front of each opening
parenthesis in an OID as it makes it easier to understand when a number
is associated with an identifier and avoid any confusion in the case a
number without an associated identifier is followed by a number (a
possible case)

* H.460.geo:
- Clause 2: replace "ISOC/IETF" with "IETF"

* General remark:
As approved by TSAG last year, the new way of referencing an ITU-T
Recommendation is "Recommendation ITU-T H.xxx" in clause 2 and "ITU-T
H.xxx" as a reference in the body.

I am Cc'ing Sébastien Castano from the TSB in case he can find some time
to check the ASN.1 modules in H.323v7 and H.225.0v7.
--
Olivier DUBUISSON, ITU-T ASN.1 & OID Project leader
France Telecom