[itu-sg16] IPTV standardization web seminar - 7 May 2008

simao.campos at itu.int simao.campos at itu.int
Sun May 4 17:33:10 EDT 2008

Dear All,

Please see below information on an IPTV webinar organized by ITU.

Best Regards

Simao

 è IPTV  <http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/newslog/IPTV+Experts+Host+Webinar.aspx> experts host webinar  <==

ITU-T IPTV experts Ghassem Koleyni and Simon Jones will lead a live web seminar (webinar) on IPTV standardization, May 7 at 1600 CET.

Click here <http://www.lightreading.com/webinar.asp?doc_id=28760%26promo=27074>  to  <http://www.lightreading.com/webinar.asp?doc_id=28760%26promo=27074> register, for the webinar hosted by industry analyst Heavy Reading. By registering you will be able to listen to and take part in discussion as well as view presentation slides.

Koleyni and Jones will present standardization from an ITU perspective with experts from other standards bodies, including the DSL Forum and ATIS, explaining how they have worked with ITU to produce the first set of global IPTV specifications, available here <http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-t/opb/proc/T-PROC-IPTVFG-2008-PDF-E.pdf> . Malcolm Johnson, Director ITU Telecommunication Standardization Bureau said: "I encourage anyone involved in the deployment of IPTV services at any level to take this opportunity to learn about this important set of standards as well as quiz our experts on the topic.

We have already seen first generation IPTV services and as these mature we may see a change in regulation or market demand that will require interoperation between service and/or network providers. A potential outcome of this will be that a customer can go into shop, buy an IPTV box, call their network operator and sign-up and then access services from a range of third party service providers. It is to meet that need that the value of ITU's work on standardisation will be realised. "

If you can't join the live event registration <http://www.lightreading.com/webinar.asp?doc_id=28760%26promo=27074>  will give access to an archive file of the event.