[itu-sg16] Meeting Notice of Q13/16 Rapporteurs Meeting in Geneva, 28-29 Feb 2008

OKUBO Sakae okubo at mxz.mesh.ne.jp
Wed Feb 13 01:58:40 EST 2008

Dear Experts of ITU-T SG16 Question 13/16,

At 14:06 +0900 08/02/08, kawamori.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp wrote:
>[...] Please note that this meeting is expected to be a joint
>meeting between experts of Q4/9, Q5/9 and Q13/16, to be confirmed by
>the SG9 amangement.

Since this has been confirmed, the meeting notice is now revised as
attached after my signature. Please note that the meeting documents
repository is at the following place:

http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0802_Gen/

and its index page is:

http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0802_Gen/0802_Gen.html

You can also retrieve the notice from this page.

OKUBO Sakae
e-mail: okubo at aoni.waseda.jp
Visiting Professor
Global Information and Telecommunication Institute (GITI)
Waseda University
Waseda University, YRP Ichibankan 312        Tel: +81 46 847 5406
3-4 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken  Fax: +81 46 847 5413
239-0847 Japan
                       H.323 videoconferencing: arranged by advice

To     Experts of ITU-T SG16 Question 13/16

Cc     Mr P-A Probst, Chairman of SG16
                             <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
        Mr P Barrett, Vice Chairman of SG16
                             <paul.barrett at psytechnics.com>
        Mr Y Naito, Vice Chairman of SG16
                             <Naito.Yushi at dr.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp>
        Ms C Lamblin, Vice Chairman of SG16
                             <claude.lamblin at orange-ftgroup.com>
        Mr S Okubo, Chairman of WP2/16
                             <okubo at aoni.waseda.jp>
        Mr S Campos-Neto, ITU TSB
                             <simao.campos at itu.int>

De     M Kawamori, Rapporteur for Q13/16
                             <kawamori.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp>
        C Sandbank, Rapporteur for Q.4/9
                             <charles.sandbank at ties.itu.int>
        M Matsumoto, Rapporteur for Q.5/9
                             <matsumoto at jcl.or.jp>

   Subject: Notice of Q13/16 Rapporteurs Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland.
   Date:    28-29 February 2008

Dear Experts of ITU-T SG16 Question 13/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held at the ITU-T
building, Geneva, Switzerland. Details of the meeting are contained
herein. Please note that this meeting is a joint meeting between
experts of Q4/9, Q5/9 and Q13/16.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

28(Thursday) - 29(Friday) February 2008
Meeting will start at 9:00 on the first day.
Closing around 17:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^
ITU-T Building,
Geneva, Switzerland.

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Progress work on IPTV Terminal Device and End-system ('Fast Model')

2) Progress work on H.iptv-map, especially with respect to Metadata
and Service Platform Middleware

3) Progress work on Broadcast-centric Middleware

4) Interaction with other groups

5) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

  /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 20 February 2008 ///
  /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 21 February 2008 ///
  /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution      ///

1) When you are going to submit a document, please notify Mr Sakae Okubo
    <okubo at aoni.waseda.jp>, document manager of this meeting, as soon as
    possible, by 23:59 UTC, Wednesday 20 February 2008 at the latest.
    Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early indication of your
    submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

    Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2) You are advised to use the document template available at the
    following place:

<http://ftp3.itu.ch/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0802_Gen/AVD-template_0802_Gen.doc>

3) File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4) All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
    as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
    meeting (23:59 UTC, Thursday 21 February or before) by posting
    them at either of the following:

    - Uploading via FTP
          Site:      ftp3.itu.int/
          User ID:   avguest
          Password:  Avguest (Note the uppercase 'A')
          Directory: avc-site/Incoming

    - E-mail reflector
          E-mail address: <itu-sg16 at lists.packetizer.com>
          To subscribe: please visit
             <http://lists.packetizer.com/mailman/listinfo/itu-sg16>

    Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous
    (i.e., more than 100 kbytes).

5) Input documents can be retrieved from 0802_Gen directory of the
    ftp site once Mr Okubo has an opportunity to put them into place.

    The documents will be available through the following URLs:
          <http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0802_Gen/>
          <ftp://ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/2005-2008/0802_Gen/>
             user: avguest, password: Avguest

6) The document distribution/presentation at the meeting will be
    all electronic. Participants must bring along a laptop, wireless
    LAN card, in order to access the documents.
    (Internet access will be available in the meeting room).

    Note: make sure you have the right power adapter for Switzerland,
    see <http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_AC_power_plugs_and_sockets>
    type C (2-pin CEE 7/16) or J (3-pin SEV 1011).

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send an e-mail to
Masahito KAWAMORI <kawamori.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp>, meeting
organizer of this meeting, providing the family name, given name,
company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged,
preferably before 21 February.

7. Logistic Information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by ITU TSB at the ITU Headquarters in
Geneva, Switzerland. Badges will be available in the registration desk
at the entrance of the Montbrillant building to those that
pre-registered for the meeting. Following the security measures
implemented in ITU in August 2005, no one without a valid badge will
be admitted into the facilities.

8. VISA Information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People needing visa support letters (see below for requirements)
should register as soon as possible.

We would remind you that citizens of some countries are required to
obtain a visa in order to enter and spend time in Switzerland. The
visa must be requested and obtained from the office (embassy or
consulate) representing Switzerland in your country or, if there is no
such office in your country, from the one that is closest to the
country of departure. If problems are encountered for ITU members, the
ITU can, at the official request of the administration or company you
represent, approach the competent Swiss authorities in order to
facilitate delivery of the visa. Visa requests should be made by
official letter from the administration or company you represent. This
letter must specify your name and function, date of birth, passport
number as well as the date of issue and expiry. The letter must be
accompanied by a photocopy of your passport and a copy of the
completed pre-registration form and must be sent to TSB, bearing the
words "visa request", by fax (No.: +41 22 730 5853) or e-mail
(tsbreg at itu.int). Please note that ITU needs at least one week to
process all papers required for the delivery of a visa.

9. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Participants should contact the hotels directly regarding room
availability and for making room bookings. However, they *MUST* use
the ITU hotel registration form available from the ITU web site in
order to be eligible for the special ITU rates. Hotels offering
preferential room rates for participants of ITU meetings, instructions
and the form are found at: <http://www.itu.int/travel/>.

Note: the closest business-class hotel to the ITU buildings is the
Intercontinental, and a more popular strategy is to obtain hotel
accommodations downtown, e.g., near the Cornavin train & bus station
(which is more centrally located than the ITU or the
Intercontinental), from which buses run frequently to the vicinity of
the ITU. Not all hotels are equipped with high-speed internet access,
so participants may want to check with the hotel for the availability
of this service.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Geneva.

Sincerely yours,

Masahito KAWAMORI
Charles SANDBANK
Mayumi MATSUMOTO