[itu-sg16] H.245 generic capability parameter

OKUBO Sakae okubo at mxz.mesh.ne.jp
Tue Nov 6 20:34:03 EST 2007

Dear Mr Horvath,

At 17:35 +0100 07/11/06, Horvath, Ernst wrote:
>this is not significant. The parameter identifier space has strictly
>local context within the particular generic capability, the only
>purpose is to "label" the parameters unambiguously. There is no
>requirement to start with a certain value or to use only adjacent
>numbers (a capability could, for example, choose identifiers 10, 20,
>30; then 0, 1, 2 etc. would not be valid identifiers for this
>capability).
>
>Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your help. I am pleased to know that you
continue to be interested in the work of WP2/16 experts.

OKUBO Sakae
e-mail: okubo at aoni.waseda.jp
Visiting Professor
Global Information and Telecommunication Institute (GITI)
Waseda University
Waseda University, YRP Ichibankan 312        Tel: +81 46 847 5406
3-4 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken  Fax: +81 46 847 5413
239-0847 Japan
                       H.323 videoconferencing: arranged by advice