Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Shenzhen, PR China, Date: 12

Christian Groves cngroves at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 5 01:30:03 EST 2007

To Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16.

Cc Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
Mr. Paul Barrett, Vice Chairman of SG16 <paul.barrett at psytechnics.com>
Mr. Yushi Naito, Vice Chairman of SG16
<naito.yushi at dr.mitsubishielectric.co.jp>
Ms. Claude Lamblin, Vice Chairman of SG16
<claude.lamblin at orange-ftgroup.com>
Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>

De
P Jones Rapporteur for Q.2/16 and Q.5/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
C Groves Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <Christian.Groves at nteczone.com>
S Okubo Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <okubo at aoni.waseda.jp>
L Lehmann Rapporteur (Acting) for Q.21/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>
M.J. Sun Associated Rapporteur for Q.21/16 <sunmingjun at catr.com.cn>
N Luo Rapporteur for Q.22/16 <noah at huawei.com>
S.H. Jeong Rapporteur for Q.24/16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
Vacant Rapporteur for Q.25/16
L Lehmann Rapporteur for Q.29/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>

Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Shenzhen, PR China
Date: 12 - 16 March 2007

Dear Experts of Questions 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Shenzhen, PR
China at the MING WAH CENTRE. This meeting is kindly hosted by Huawei
Technologies. Details of the meeting are contained herein.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

12th (Monday) March - 16 (Friday) March 2007
Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

MING WAH CENTRE
Address: No.8 Guishan road, Shekou, Shenzhen, P.R.China
Post Code: 518000
Tel: +86 755 26689968
Fax: +86 755 26679615
E-mail: market at mhctr.com
Website: http://www.mhctr.com

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.2/16 Real-Time Audio, Video, and Data Communication over
Packet-Switched
Networks
- Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
- Review items for the H.323-Series Implementors’ Guide
- Progress work on H.460.geo
- Progress work on H.460.presence
- Progress work on H.460.tm
- Progress work on H.245v14
- Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items
- Discuss plans for future meetings

3) Q.3/16 Multimedia Gateway Control Architectures and Protocols
- Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
- Progress work on:
* H.244.9 Amendment 1
* H.248.19 Amendment 2
* H.248.43 (ex H.248.GM)
* H.248.48 (ex. H.248.QHR)
* H.248.49 (ex. H.248.SDPVER)
* H.248.50 (ex. H.248.NATTT)
* H.248.51 (ex. H.248.TCM)
* H.248.52 (ex. H.248.QoS)
* H.248.53 (ex. H.248.TMAN)
* H.248.54 (ex. H.248.MPLS)
* H.248.55 (ex. H.248.PLM)
* H.248.56 (ex. H.248.VPN)
* H.248 Sub Series IG
* H.248.1v2 IG
* H Series Supp 2 Release 10
* H Series Supplement 7 “Control Association”
- Consider new material

4) Q.4/16 Advanced multimedia communication service features on top of the
ITU-T defined multimedia system platforms
- Progress with H.350.8 and revision of H.350 Sub-series
- New topics

5) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for H.300-Series Multimedia
Systems
- Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
- Review items proposed for the H.323 Implementors’ Guide
- Progress work on H.proxy
- Progress work on TP.HNFT
- Discuss miscellaneous and new work items
- Discuss plans for future meetings

6) Q.21/16 Multimedia Architecture
- Coordinate with other SDOs, forums (e.g. HGI, DSL Forum), Questions
(e.g. Q22), or Study Groups (e.g. SG13)
- Consider to progress work on:
* “H.325”
* “H.612”
* H.saarch
* H.GHNA
* Visual surveillance
- Discussion over the Q.21 contribution to working on NGN items

7) Q.22/16 Multimedia applications and services
- Progress on the following subjects:
* Networked ID
* Videotelephony
* Visual surveillance
* TV Emulation and Simulation

8) Q.24/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia
Systems
- Progress work on Annexes A, B, and C of H.361 and H.trans.control
- Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items

9) Q.25/16 Multimedia Security in Next-Generation Networks
- Develop future directions for Q.25
- Study NGN-MM-SEC issues

10) Q.29/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services
- Progress the text of the Technical Paper TP.MMSM on Service
Mobility in context of "H.325" architecture
- QoS Adaptation in case of Multimedia Service Handover
- Coordination with other Questions

11) Interaction with other groups

12) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

/// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 2 March 2007 ///
/// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 5 March 2007 ///
/// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution ///

1) When you are going to submit a document, please notify
Sakae Okubo <okubo at aoni.waseda.jp>, document manager of this
meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 2 March 2007
at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2) You are advised to include a header as follows:

| |
| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16 {Version m if relevant}|
| 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16 Rapporteur Meeting {Date}|
| Shenzhen, 12 - 16 March 2007 |
| |
| SOURCE*: { } |
| TITLE : { } |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.} |
| |
| _________________________ |
| |
| |
| |
| *Contact: Name, e-mail |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:
<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0703_She/AVD-template_0703_She.doc

This may be modified and used for the purpose of document submission
at this meeting.

3) File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4) All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 5 March 2007 or before) by posting
them at either of the following:

- Uploading via FTP
Site: ftp3.itu.int/
User ID: avguest
Password: Avguest (Note the uppercase 'A')
Directory: avc-site/Incoming

- E-mail reflector

E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
To subscribe:
Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

5) Input documents can be retrieved from 0703_She directory of the
ftp site once Mr. Okubo has an opportunity to put them into
place.

The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0703_She
ftp://avguest:Avguest@ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/2005-2008/0703_She

6) The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be
all electronic. Participants must bring along a laptop, wireless lan
card and/or Ethernet card, and Ethernet cable in order to access the
documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by Huawei at the MING WAH CENTRE in Shenzhen,
PR CHINA.

The meeting invitation containing logistic information can be found at:

http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0703_She/Shenzhen_Invitation.doc

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to
Christian Groves <Christian.Groves at nteczone.com>, providing the family name,
given name, company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be held at the MING WAH CENTRE. To secure a room please
fill in the hotel registration form in the meeting invitation
(http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel/Shenzhen_Invitation.doc)
as
soon as possible and return as indicated on the form.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Shenzhen.

Sincerely yours,

Paul JONES
Christian GROVES (meeting organizer of this meeting)
Sakae OKUBO (document manager of this meeting)
MingJun SUN
Noah LUO
Seong-ho JEONG
Leo LEHMANN