[itu-sg16] H.Sup.IEPS; RE: Out of the office next week

Shaikh, Viqar A vshaikh at telcordia.com
Tue Dec 18 16:12:23 EST 2007

Thanks Albrecht.

I glanced through your contribution which we can discuss at the Jan
meeting.  The reason for not using the H.248 "Emergency indicator" is
b/c for government authorized services, there was an agreement to use
the H.248  "IEPS indicator" and "Priority indicator".  Prior to
standardization of the "IEPS indicator", the "Emergency indicator" was
used for both government authorized and commercial emergency services.
Since the scope of this supplement is for government authorized
services, only use of "IEPS indicator" and "Priority indicator"  is
defined.  Hope this clarifies a bit.

I have cc'd Christian on this email for his input on H.248 and to
confirm my understanding.

Happy Holidays,

Viqar