[itu-sg16] Fwd:One basic comment on H.ghna of Q21/16

OKUBO Sakae okubo at mxz.mesh.ne.jp
Wed Dec 12 22:04:30 EST 2007

Dear Q21/16  colleagues

As you may know, G.hnta of SG15 "Generic Home Network Architecture for the
Transport Stratum" and H.ghna of SG16 "A Generic Home Network Architecture
with support for multimedia services" are companion recommendations each
other.  The former handles Transport layer, while the latter handles the
Application layer.

As editor of G.hnta, I want to make one basic comment on H.ghna.  I find
that the current H.ghna contains the same descriptions as G.hnta.  I think
that this is redundant.  Moreover, as we are planning to update G.hnta in
the next SG15 February meeting, these descriptions will become out of date
in near future.  Therefore, I suggest that H.ghna refers to G.hnta instead
of describing details of these issues.   You can find some relevant
sections below:

-       Section 6.2 "Transport model of Home Network"
-       IP aspects in section 8 "Management Functionality"
-       Section 9 "Interface with proprietary terminals"
-       Section 10 "Access Network"

Best regards,

Tatsuhiko Yoshida

     NTT Advanced Technology Corporation
     Photonic Networks Technology Center
          549-2, Shinano-cho, Totsuka-ku,
          Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa Pref. 244-0801, Japan

            Tatsuhiko YOSHIDA

        E-mail: tyoshida at trans.ntt-at.co.jp
        TEL: +81-45-826-6480
        FAX: +81-45-826-6055