[itu-sg16] Fwd:One basic comment on H.ghna of Q21/16

OKUBO Sakae okubo at mxz.mesh.ne.jp
Wed Dec 12 22:04:30 EST 2007

*** re-posted at the packetizer list ***

>Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:21:53 +0900
>To: t05sg16avd at itu.int
>From: Tatsuhiko Yoshida <tyoshida at trans.ntt-at.co.jp>
>Subject: One basic comment on H.ghna of Q21/16

Dear Q21/16  colleagues

As you may know, G.hnta of SG15 "Generic Home Network Architecture
for the Transport Stratum" and H.ghna of SG16 "A Generic Home Network
Architecture with support for multimedia services" are companion
recommendations each other.  The former handles Transport layer,
while the latter handles the Application layer.

As editor of G.hnta, I want to make one basic comment on H.ghna.  I
find that the current H.ghna contains the same descriptions as
G.hnta.  I think that this is redundant.  Moreover, as we are
planning to update G.hnta in the next SG15 February meeting, these
descriptions will become out of date in near future.  Therefore, I
suggest that H.ghna refers to G.hnta instead of describing details of
these issues.   You can find some relevant sections below:

-       Section 6.2 "Transport model of Home Network"
-       IP aspects in section 8 "Management Functionality"
-       Section 9 "Interface with proprietary terminals"
-       Section 10 "Access Network"

Best regards,

Tatsuhiko Yoshida

     NTT Advanced Technology Corporation
     Photonic Networks Technology Center
          549-2, Shinano-cho, Totsuka-ku,
          Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa Pref. 244-0801, Japan

            Tatsuhiko YOSHIDA

        E-mail: tyoshida at trans.ntt-at.co.jp
        TEL: +81-45-826-6480
        FAX: +81-45-826-6055