Notice of Ottawa meeting

OKUBO Sakae okubo at MXZ.MESH.NE.JP
Thu Jun 29 11:32:11 EDT 2006

To    Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions 2, 3, 4, 5, 21, 22, 24, 25 and 29/16

Cc    Mr P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
       Mr Paul Barrett, Vice Chairman of SG16 <paul.barrett at psytechnics.com>
       Mr Yushi Naito, Vice Chairman of SG16
                                    <Naito.Yushi at dr.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp>
       Ms Claude Lamblin, Vice Chairman of SG16
                                        <claude.lamblin at rd.francetelecom.com>
       Mr I Sebestyen, Vice Chairman of SG16 <Istvan.Sebestyen at siemens.com>
       Mr S Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>
       Mr P Luthi, Rapporteur for Q.1/16 <patrick.luthi at TANDBERG.NO>
       Mr K Boyle, Meeting host <kboyle at nortel.com>

De    P Jones     Rapporteur for Q.2 and 5/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
       C Groves    Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <Christian.Groves at nteczone.com>
       S Okubo     Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <okubo at aoni.waseda.jp>
       B Lamer     Rapporteur for Q.21/16 <bastien.lamer at rd.francetelecom.com>
       N Luo       Rapporteur for Q.22/16 <noah at huawei.com>
       S-H Jeong   Rapporteur for Q.24/16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
       M Euchner   Rapporteur for Q.25/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
       L Lehmann   Rapporteur for Q.29/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>

       Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Ottawa, Canada
       Date:    28 August - 1 September 2006

Dear Experts of Questions 2, 3, 4, 5, 21, 22, 24, 25 and 29/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Ottawa,
Ontario, Canada at the Marriott Ottawa. Details of the meeting are
contained herein.

Please note that Q.1/16 will meet concurrently and we will have joint
or serial sessions with the other Questions.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     28th (Monday) August - 1 (Friday) September 2006
     Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
     Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

Marriott Ottawa
100 Kent Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5R7
Canada
http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/YOWMC
Phone: +1 613 238 1122
Fax:   +1 613 783 4229

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.2/16 Real-Time Audio, Video, and Data Communication over Packet-Switched
    Networks
    - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
    - Review items proposed for the H.323-series Implementors' Guide
    - Progress work on:
        * H.246 Amendment (IEPS)
        * H.460.4v2
        * H.323 Annex I
        * H.460.geo
        * H.presence
    - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items
    - Discuss plans for future meetings

3) Q.3/16 Multimedia Gateway Control Architectures and Protocols
    - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
    - Progress work on:
        * H.248.2 Amendment 1
        * H.244.9 Amendment 1
        * H.248.25 and H.248.28 Amendment 1
        * H.248.30 Amendment 1
        * H.248.40 (ex H.248.ADID)
        * H.248.43 (ex H.248.RTPXTALK)
        * H.248.44 (ex H.248.MLPP)
        * H.248.GM
        * H.248.CCC
        * H.248.SCR
        * H.248.QHR
        * H.248 Sub Series IGs
        * H Series Supp 2 Release 9
        * H Series Supplement 7 Control Association
        * H Series Supplement RTPXtalk
    - Consider new material.

4) Q.4/16 Advanced multimedia communication service features on top of the
    ITU-T defined multimedia system platforms
    - Progress on H.350.7
    - Enhancements to H.350 Sub-series
    - Possible new service features

5) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for H.300-Series Multimedia
    Systems
    - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
    - Progress work on:
        * H.proxy
        * TP.HNFT
    - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items
    - Discuss plans for future meetings

6) Q.21/16 Multimedia Architecture
    - Progress on
        * H.325 requirements
        * H.saarch
        * IPTV future Recommendation

7) Q.22/16 Multimedia applications and services
    - Progress work on
        * IP streaming services
        * NRFID
        * Home Networking

8) Q.24/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia Systems
    - Progress work on
        * Annexes A, B, and C of H.361 (ex H.mmqos)
        * H.trans.control
    - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items

9) Q.25/16 Multimedia Security in Next-Generation Networks
    - Progress/finalize H.460.spn
    - Progress H.FSIC
    - Study NGN-MM-SEC issues
    - Study security aspects of MM-DRM

10) Q.29/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services
    - Progress work on
        * H.mmsm
        * Presence
    - Follow up workplan

11) Interaction with other groups

12) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

  /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 18 August 2006 ///
  /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 21 August 2006 ///
  /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution    ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
        Paul Jones <paulej at packetizer.com>, document manager of this
        meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 18 August 2006
        at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
        indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16 Rapporteur Meeting           {Date}|
| Ottawa, 28 August - 1 September 2006                             |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:

<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0608_Ott/AVD-template.doc>

       This may be modified and used for the purpose of document submission
       at this meeting.

3)     File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
        as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
        meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 21 August 2006 or before) by posting
        them at either of the following:

   - Uploading via FTP
         Site:     ftp3.itu.int/
         User ID:  avguest
         Password: Avguest  (Note the uppercase 'A')
         Directory: avc-site/Incoming

   - E-mail reflector

         E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
         To subscribe:
             Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
             In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

5)     Input documents can be retrieved from 0608_Ott directory of the
        ftp site once Mr. Jones has an opportunity to put them into
        place.

        The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
            http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0608_Ott
            ftp://avguest:Avguest@ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/2005-2008/0608_Ott

6)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be
        all electronic. Participants must bring along a laptop, wireless LAN
        card and/or Ethernet card, and Ethernet cable in order to access the
        documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by Nortel at the Marriott Ottawa in
downtown Ottawa, Canada.

The meeting invitation containing logistic information can be found at:

http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0608_Ott/Ott_Invitation.doc

6. Registration and Visa Information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to Kevin
Boyle <kboyle at nortel.com>, copying Sakae Okubo
<okubo at aoni.waseda.jp>, providing the family name, given name,
company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

We would remind you that citizens of some countries are required to
obtain a visa in order to enter and spend time in Canada. The visa
must be requested and obtained from the office (embassy or consulate)
representing Canada in your country or, if there is no such office in
your country, from the one that is closest to the country of
departure. In case you need help of the meeting host, please contact
Mr Kevin Boyle <kboyle at nortel.com>.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be held at the Marriott Ottawa. In addition to the
Marriott, there are several other hotels within easy walking
distance. A list of suggested hotels follows:

1. Marriott Ottawa
    100 Kent Street
    Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5R7
    Canada
    Phone: +1 613 238 1122
    Fax: +1 613 783 4229
    http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/YOWMC

    *** NOTE: Nortel has arranged for a block of rooms at the Marriott Ottawa
    at a discounted rate.  In order to take advantage of this arrangement,
    enter a character string "NOT" in the “Corporate/promotional code” field
    on the right hand side when entering your dates.  Note that the rooms are
    first-come, first-served, so register early.

2. Crowne Plaza Ottawa
    101 Lyon Street
    Ottawa, Ontario K1R 5T9
    Canada
    Reservations: +1 613 237 3600
    (In North America: +1 800 2CROWNE)
    http://www.crowneottawa.ca/index.asp

3. Delta Hotels
    361 Queen Street
    Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7S9
    Canada
    Phone: +1 613 238 8000
    (In North America: +1 877 814 7706)
    Fax: +1 613 238 2290
    http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=14

The following hotels are also nearby, but the attendee will need to
arrange daily transportation to/from the meeting:

1. The Westin Ottawa
    11 Colonel By Drive
    Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9H4
    Canada
    Phone: +1 613 560 7000
    Fax: +1 613 234 5396
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1083

2. Novotel Ottawa
    33 Nicholas Street
    Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9M7
    Phone: +1 613 230 3033
    (In North America: +1 800 NOVOTEL)
    Fax: +1 613 760 4765
    http://www.novotelottawa.com/home/novotelottawahotels.html

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Ottawa.

      Sincerely yours,

      Paul JONES (document manager of this meeting)
      Christian GROVES
      Sakae OKUBO (meeting organizer of this meeting)
      Bastien LAMER
      Seong-ho JEONG
      Martin EUCHNER
      Leo LEHMANN

                                    ----------

OKUBO Sakae
e-mail: okubo at aoni.waseda.jp
         (<== sokubo at waseda.jp, valid until 31 March 2007)
Visiting Professor
Global Information and Telecommunication Institute (GITI)
Waseda University
Waseda University, YRP Ichibankan 312        Tel: +81 46 847 5406
3-4 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken  Fax: +81 46 847 5413
239-0847 Japan
                       H.323 videoconferencing: arranged by advice