SG 17 Workshop

simao.campos at ITU.INT simao.campos at ITU.INT
Tue Sep 13 03:34:10 EDT 2005

To     Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25, and 29/16.

Cc     Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
       Mr. Paul Barrett, Vice Chairman of SG16
<paul.barrett at psytechnics.com>
       Mr. Yushi Naito, Vice Chairman of SG16 <naitoy at attglobal.net>
       Ms. Claude Lamblin, Vice Chairman of SG16

<claude.lamblin at rd.francetelecom.com>
       Mr. I. Sebestyen, Vice Chairman of SG16
<Istvan.Sebestyen at siemens.com>
       Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>
       Mr. P. Luthi, Rapporteur for Q.1/16 <patrick.luthi at tandberg.net>

De
       P Jones     Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
       C Groves    Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <cngroves at bigpond.net.au>
       S Okubo     Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <sokubo at waseda.jp>
       P Jones     Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
       B Lamer     Rapporteur for Q.21(B)/16
<bastien.lamer at rd.francetelecom.com>
       N Luo       Rapporteur for Q.22(C)/16 <noah at huawei.com>
       S-H Jeong   Rapporteur for Q.24(F)/16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
       M Euchner   Rapporteur for Q.25(G)/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
       L Lehmann   Rapporteur for Q.29(K)/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>

    Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland
    Date:    30 September 2005

Dear Experts of Questions 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25, and 29/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held at the ITU
Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Details of the meeting are
contained herein.

Please note that Q.1/16 will meet concurrently and we will have joint or
serial sessions with the other Questions.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     28 (Monday) November - 2 (Friday) December 2005
     Meeting will start at 10:00 AM on the first day
     Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Montbrillant building room K2
Place des Nations
1211 Geneva 20
Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 730 6805
Fax: +41 22 730 5853
E-mail: tsbsg16 at itu.int

Note: for badges please use the entrance of the Montbrillant building.
No one will be admitted to the ITU facility without a valid badge.

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.2/16 Real-Time Audio, Video, and Data Communication over
   Packet-Switched Networks
   - Progress on the current work items in the work programme
     * H.323 Annex Gv2
     * H.323 Annex I
     * H.dhcp
     * H.gaam
     * H.460.geo
     * H.presence
   - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items
   - Coordination with other groups

3) Q.3/16 Multimedia Gateway Control Architectures and Protocols
   - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
   - Progress work on current work items
     * H.248.1 v1 IG
     * H.248.19 Amendment 1
     * H.248.23Corrigenda/Amendment 1
     * H.248.BC
     * H.248.SDPSPEC
     * H.248.ADID
     * H.248.IPDC
     * H.248.DCME
     * H.248 Sub Series IG
     * H Series Supp 2 Release 8
     * H Series Supp x BHCoA
   - Consider new material

4) Q.4/16 Advanced multimedia communication service features on top of
   the ITU-T defined multimedia system platforms
   - Progress on H.350.7
   - Enhancements to H.350.x sub-series
   - Possible new service features

5) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for H.300-Series
   Multimedia Systems
   - Progress on the current work items in the work programme (H.proxy,
     Technical Paper: NAT/FW framework)
   - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items, which may include
     development of a framework document related to H.460.18 and
     H.460.19
   - Coordination with other groups

6) Q.21/16 Multimedia Architecture
   - Progress on H.325 requirements
   - Progress on H.saarch

7) Q.22/16 Multimedia applications and services
   - Progress work on service scenarios and requirements
   - Study on system parameters from user requirements point of view

8) Q.24/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia
   Systems
   - Progress work on H.mmqos, Annexes A, B, and C of H.mmqos, and
     H.trans.control
   - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items

9) Q.25/16 Multimedia Security in Next-Generation Networks
   - Progress MM-NGN security
   - Progress F.FSIC, H.460.spn, H.mmqos security annex, study of
     anti-DDOS MM-issues

10) Q.29/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services
   - Service Mobility in context of MM architecture
   - Multimedia Service Model
   - Follow up workplan

11) Interaction with other groups

12) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

  /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 18 November 2005 ///
  /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 21 November 2005 ///
  /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution    ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
       Mr. Sakae Okubo <sokubo at waseda.jp>, document manager of this
       meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 18 November
       2005 at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated.
       Early indication of your submission plan is welcome and
       encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| 1,2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25, and 29/16 Rapporteur Meeting        {Date}|
| Geneva, 28 November - 2 December 2005                            |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:

<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0511_Gen/AVD-template.doc>

       This may be modified and used for the purpose of document
       submission at this meeting.

3)     File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
       as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
       meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 21 November 2005 or before) by
       posting them at either of the following:

       - Uploading via FTP
         Site:      ftp3.itu.int/
         User ID:   avguest
         Password:  Avguest (Note the uppercase 'A')
         Directory: avc-site/Incoming

       - E-mail reflector

         E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
         To subscribe:
            Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
            In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous
(i.e., more than 100 kbytes).

5)     Input documents can be retrieved from 0511_Gen directory of the
       ftp site once Mr. Okubo has an opportunity to put them into
       place.

       The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
           http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0511_Gen
           ftp://ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/2005-2008/0511_Gen
            user: avguest, password:Avguest

6)     The document distribution/presentation at the meeting will be
       all electronic. Participants must bring along a laptop, wireless
       LAN card and/or Ethernet card, in order to access the documents.
       (Internet access will be available in the meeting rooms).

5. Logistic Information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by ITU-TSB at the Montbrillant building of
the ITU Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Badges will be available
in the registration desk at the entrance of the Montbrillant building
to those that registered for the meeting. Following new security
measures implemented in ITU in early August 2005, no one without a
valid badge will be admitted into the facilities.

6. Registration and VISA Information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to Seong-Ho
Jeong <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>, providing the family name, given name,
company name, address, country name, phone number, fax number, e-mail
address of person(s) attending. Every participant should use the
registration form at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0511_Gen/0511-WP2-16-Regist
ra
tion_form.doc.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged, but
preferably before 18 November 2005 to facilitate the production of
badges for all participants. People needing visa support letters
(see below for requirements) should register as soon as possible.

We would remind you that citizens of some countries are required to
obtain a visa in order to enter and spend time in Switzerland. The visa
must be requested and obtained from the office (embassy or consulate)
representing Switzerland in your country or, if there is no such office
in your country, from the one that is closest to the country of
departure. If problems are encountered for ITU members, the ITU can,
at the official request of the administration or company you represent,
approach the competent Swiss authorities in order to facilitate
delivery of the visa. Visa requests should be made by official letter
from the administration or company you represent. This letter must
specify your name and function, date of birth, passport number as well
as the date of issue and expiry. The letter must be accompanied by a
photocopy of your passport and completed registration form and must be
sent to TSB, bearing the words "visa request", by fax (No.: +41 22 730
5853)

or e-mail (tsbreg at itu.int). Please note that ITU needs at least
one week to process all papers required for the delivery of a visa. For
the ones needing this letter, TSB should receive a meeting registration
form which can be found at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0511_Gen/0511-WP2-16-Regist
ra
tion_form.doc.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Participants should contact the hotels directly regarding room
availability and for making room bookings. Hotels offering preferential
room rates for participants of ITU meetings are found at:
http://www.itu.int/travel/index.html. An appropriate hotel reservation
form can be found at:
http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0511_Gen/0511-WP2-16-Hotel-
re
servation-form.doc.
Please note that this hotel reservation form must be used in order to be
able to get the special ITU rates.

Note: the closest business-class hotel to the ITU buildings is the
Intercontinental, and a more popular strategy is to obtain hotel
accommodations downtown, e.g., near the Cornavin train & bus station
(which is more centrally located than the ITU or the Intercontinental),
from which buses run frequently to the vicinity of the ITU. Not all
hotels are equipped with high-speed internet access, so you
participants may want to check with the hotel for the availability of
this service.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Geneva.

Sincerely yours,

Patrick LUTHI
Paul JONES
Christian GROVES
Sakae OKUBO (document manager of this meeting)
Bastien LAMER
Noah LUO
Seong-Ho JEONG (meeting organizer of this meeting)
Martin EUCHNER
Leo LEHMANN