Question about H.248 Annex F

Christian Groves cngroves at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 9 20:16:43 EDT 2005

G'Day Sasha,

H.248.1 Annex F is meant to contain exactly the same procedures as the
core H.248.1 servicechange sections. It aims to clarify the existing
text and not add any new requirements. So Annex F should be valid for
all versions (1,2,3) with the following caveats:
- We added new service change functionality in H.248.1v3 and this was
reflected in Annex F this new functionality will not be relevant to v1
and v2.
- With the advent of v3 we won't be supporting v1 through the
implementors' guide, so we weren't looking too much Annex F compliance
with v1 when we were producing the annex.

It won't become part of the implementors guide for v1 and v2 as the core
H.248.1 specification takes precedence over the Annex. However v1 and v2
implementors may read H.248.1 v3 annex F for further clarification.

Regards, Christian