H.248.1v3 Editorial Comments - Week 2

Christian Groves christian.groves at ERICSSON.COM
Thu Jun 2 01:40:22 EDT 2005

Hello Annie,

Please see my comments below.

Regards, Christian

Benitez, Mariana (Annie) wrote:

> 2) For section 7.2.7 on Notify. The use of TerminationIDList would be
> valid for a Notify:
> For example, if there were a Modify command enabling an event on
> Wildcarded TerminationID (same RequestID), if the event were detected on
> several of those terminationIDs simultaneously then the Notify could
> have a TerminationIDList (with the single RequestID, as long as any
> parameters returned if at all were the same).
> A TerminationID List is a list of fully qualified names.

[CHG] I did think of this example but is it realistic that the MG would
behave
in this way? Events would have to occur at preciously the same time. As
the
timestamp would have to be the same. The observed event parameters would
have to
be exactly the same. It sounds like we could be overcomplicating the
notify
mechanism.

> 3)For section 7.2.8 on Service Change: "Note: The use of
> TerminationIDList is not valid in the initial H.248.1v1 ServiceChange
> command. ", don't think this statement is required as section 11.3 on
> 'Negotiation of Protocol Version' already covers this with the
> following: "Regardless of the version placed in the ServiceChangeVersion
> parameter, the message containing the command shall be encoded as a
> version 1 message. "

[CHG] I know about this statement however I think it would be easy for
implementors to look at the parameters of a ServiceChange and code these
according to v1. The terminationIDlist may be easy to overlook. Especially
when
the binary encoding already has TerminationIDlist in it.