8. H.248.1: Value of Statistics at a Termination Level; Re: H.248

Christian Groves christian.groves at ERICSSON.COM
Wed Jun 22 03:21:10 EDT 2005

Hello Albrecht,

You have a good point about that the "superior function" could be
something
other than the "sum" it could in fact be the "average" and mostly
dependent on
statistic type. I think your proposal still leaves it open what to do with
termination level statistic. I would like to see at least a default
behaviour
like "sum", I also think that we should say that this may be modified by
an
individual statistic definition. That way if someone doesn't add text (eg.
all
the existing statistics) then a certain behaviour can be assumed.

Would the following text be agreeable:
"The value of a Statistic at a Termination level is the result of a
meaningful
superior function (like for instance sum or average)of the values as if it
had
been placed on all the streams in the termination. Such a superior
function is
dependent of the particular statistic type. Unless specified otherwise in
the
package that defines a particular statistic, the default behaviour is a
sum of
the values."

Regards, Christian