[SUSPECT ATTACHMENT] 8. H.248.1: Value of Statistics at a Termination Level; Re: H.248.1 Editing

Albrecht.Schwarz at alcatel.de Albrecht.Schwarz at alcatel.de
Tue Jun 21 02:10:21 EDT 2005

Hi Christian et al.,

I concur with Christian's proposals.
I know I'm behind week 4, but when looking at the nt statistics, I'm again
not sure whether the additions for item 8 are sufficient.

Current proposal:
"The value of a Statistic at a Termination level is the sum of the values
as if it had been placed on all the streams in the termination."

The statistic on Termination level is superior concerning the Stream level
statistics.
Thus, there needs to be a "superior function" for the Termination
statistic. Crucial: such a function is "statistic type" dependent.
"sum" is an example for a "superior function", "average" another one
(e.g.,
applicable for some time-based statistics like "delay" or "delay
variation").

Generally there are two possibilities here:
(1) Statistic was initially defined for "Streams", afterwards a meaningful
"superior statistic" for "Terminations" is demanded.

or
(2) Statistic was initially defined for "Terminations", afterwards an
adaption for "Streams" is demanded.

The 2nd case seems to be straighforward, the first case is our issue here.

New proposal:
"The value of a Statistic at a Termination level is the result of a
meaningful superior function (like for instance sum or average)of the
values as if it had been placed on all the streams in the termination.
Such a superior function is dependent of the particular statistic type."

Comments?
Regards

Albrecht

                      Christian Groves

                      <christian.groves at ER         To:      SG16
<itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com>
                      ICSSON.COM>                  cc:      Kevin Boyle
<kboyle at nortel.com>
                                                   Subject: [SUSPECT
ATTACHMENT] H.248.1 Editing Meeting Week 4 comments
                      17.06.2005 06:05

Hello Kevin, all,

Please find attached my comments for week 4 of the editing meeting. Rather
than
a marked up document its in the form of an IG update. I have attempted to
capture items that have been discussed on the Megaco list or have been
mentioned
in Tispan. I'm not sure whether all the items fall into the realm of
editorial
only but none of the items add new functionality. I intend on presenting
this DC
(with any new raised issues) to the July meeting.

Of interest to the Week 4 ABNF are items 1,2 and 3.

Comments?

Regards, Christian
CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
WARNING: This message has an attachment that could contain executable
code.

Please review the attachment carefully to ensure you do not inadvertently
execute embedded programs that could contain viruses.

We suggest you review the following URL to stay up-to-date with current
virus threats:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/support/library/mcafee/virus_info.shtml

Please be aware many viruses attempt to look like legitimate email or
notifications from anti-virus systems. We will clearly mark a seperation
between our notifications and the original email as follows:

  "CONTENT ABOVE THIS LINE IS *NOT* FROM CISCO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY"

For further reference information about viruses and email antivirus
efforts within Cisco, please visit:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/it/ems/services/antiviral

If your concern isn't addressed by the information in this notification
or the above web page, you may open a support request:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/support/

Select "Messaging", "Email-Related", "Mail Routing"

Please include in the text of your case the following information:

* Full headers of the message. Documentation on displaying the full
headers is available at this URL:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/support/library/faqs/solution002471.html

* This unique quarantine identifier: j5H45lQ3023840

If the matter is urgent, you may follow up by calling one of the below
referenced numbers. Please make every effort to provide the above
requested information via the support web tool prior to calling as it
will greatly aid the resolution of your issue.

Americas:
1 408 526 8888

Asiapac
+61 2 8446 8888

EMEA
+31 20 485 4888

Japan
+81 3 5549 6888

US (Toll Free)
1| 800| 888| 8187| (ext.68888)

Thank you for your cooperation,

Enterprise Messaging Services
Cisco Systems, Inc
(See attached file: DC-xxx_H_248_1v3_Corrections_Clarifications.zip)

[...]

* This unique quarantine identifier: j5L69U92027213