FW: RFC 4123 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-H.323 Interwork

Euchner Martin martin.euchner at SIEMENS.COM
Fri Jul 8 03:40:01 EDT 2005

Dear Sasha and other NAT/firewall traversal experts,

When I reported the Q.5 progress at the recent Japan national meeting
for the coming SG16 meeting, Mr. Hideaki Yamada, KDDI, pointed out
that G.769/Y.1242 (Circuit multiplication equipment optimized for
IP-based networks) uses the following RTP multiplexing:

1/ Ordinary RTP header is used with a particular payload type.
2/ Inside the RTP payload, multiple voice, facsimile and voice band
data channels are multiplexed with the "short packet" structure.

A relevant part excerpt of G.769 is attached.

Since G.769 is under the responsibility of WP1/16, we should at least
be aware of this method of media signal multiplexing. I do not have a
particular reason to make alignment between H.ma and G.769 due to
their different requirements. But if there is anything good for our
NAT/firewall traversal solution, please take that into account.

OKUBO Sakae
e-mail: sokubo at waseda.jp
Visiting Professor
Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Waseda University
Waseda University, YRP Ichibankan 312        Tel: +81 46 847 5406
3-4 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken  Fax: +81 46 847 5413
239-0847 Japan
                       H.323 videoconferencing: arranged by advice