Fwd:Update on AAP Status for SG 16 Recs Consented in November 04

OKUBO Sakae okubo at MXZ.MESH.NE.JP
Fri Jan 14 23:23:07 EST 2005

To    Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16.

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
       Mr. Paul Barrett, Vice Chairman of SG16
<paul.barrett at psytechnics.com>
       Mr. Yushi Naito, Vice Chairman of SG16 <naitoy at attglobal.net>
       Ms. Claude Lamblin, Vice Chairman of SG16

<claude.lamblin at rd.francetelecom.com>
       Mr. I Sebestyen, Vice Chairman of SG16
<Istvan.Sebestyen at siemens.com>
       Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>

De
       P Jones     Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
       C Groves    Rapporteur for Q.3/16
<Christian.Groves at ericsson.com.au>
       S Okubo     Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <sokubo at waseda.jp>
       R Gilman    Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <rrg at avaya.com>
       B Lamer     Rapporteur for Q.21(B)/16
<bastien.lamer at rd.francetelecom.com>
       S Okubo     Interim Rapporteur for Q.22(C)/16 <sokubo at waseda.jp>
       S.H. Jeong  Rapporteur for Q.24(F)/16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
       M Euchner   Rapporteur for Q.25(G)/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
       L Lehmann   Rapporteur for Q.29(K)/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>

    Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Melbourne, Australia
    Date:    28 February - 4 March 2005

Dear Experts of Questions 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Marysville,
outside of
Melbourne, Australia at the Maryland Country House. Details of the meeting
are
contained herein.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     28th (Monday) February - 4 (Friday) March 2005
     Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
     Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

Maryland Country House, Marysville Victoria Australia
Falls Rd,
Marysville, Victoria 3779
Australia
http://www.marylands.com.au/
Ph: +61 3 5963 3204
Fax: +61 3 5963 3251

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.2/16 Real-Time Audio, Video, and Data Communication over
Packet-Switched
    Networks
    - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
    - Review items proposed for the H.323-series Implementers Guide
    - Progress work on the following work items
        * H.323 Annex Gv2
        * H.323 Annex I
        * H.323 Annex Ov2
        * H.460.17 (RAS Tunneling)
        * H.460.cdor
        * H.460.geo
        * H.460.location
        * H.460.dhcp
        * H.460.gaam
        * H.460.presence
        * H.460.sms
- Discuss miscellaneous and new work items

3) Q.3/16 Multimedia Gateway Control Architectures and Protocols
    - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
    - Progress work on
        * H.248.1v3,
        * H.248.1 Annex F
        * Revised H.248.8
        * H.248.36
        * H Series Supplement BHCoA,
        * H.248.1 V1 IG
        * H.248 Sub-series IG
        * H Series Supplement 2 v7.
    - Consider new material.

4) Q.4/16 Advanced multimedia communication service features on top of the
    ITU-T defined multimedia system platforms
    - Progress work on
        * H.350-series maintenance
        * Addition to H.350-series
        * Study of new service features

5) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for H.300-Series
Multimedia
    Systems
    - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
    - Work to finalize the requirements for NAT/FW traversal
    - Progress work on H.proxy
    - Consider various solution proposals for NAT/FW traversal

6) Q.21/16 Multimedia Architecture
    - Progress work on
        * Multimedia Architecture and End to end Open Services
Architectural
          Framework.
        * Analysis of relevant Architectures prepared by other bodies

7) Q.22/16 Multimedia applications and services
    - Progress work on
        * F.VTIP,
        * F.MMCIP,
        * F.DL,
        * F.AVoD
        * Other new services ? Service description and requirements

8) Q.24/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia
Systems
    - Progress work on
	  * H.323 Annex N (QoS)
	  * H.priority (Service Priority)
	  * H.trans.control (QoS Signalling to Transport Domains)
    - Discussion on new and miscellaneous items

9) Q.25/16 Multimedia Security in Next-Generation Networks
    The objectives for this meeting are:
    - Progress work on
         * H.235.x V4 subseries,
         * H.FSIC,
         * H.460.spn,
    - Coordination,
    - Maintenance H.235,
    - Consider new material.

10) Q.29/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services
    - Follow up status of work items
    - Finalization of technical report regarding combined mobility

11) Interaction with other groups

12) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

  /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 18 February 2005 ///
  /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 21 February 2005 ///
  /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution    ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
        Sakae Okubo < sokubo at waseda.jp>, document manager of this
        meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 18 February
2005
        at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
        indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| 2,3,4,5,21,22,24,25 and 29/16 Rapporteur Meeting           {Date}|
| Melbourne, 28 February - 4 March 2005                            |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:

<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel/AVD-template.doc>

       This may be modified and used for the purpose of document
submission
       at this meeting.

3)     File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
        as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
        meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 21 February 2005 or before) by posting
        them at either of the following:

   - Uploading via FTP
         Site:     ftp3.itu.int/
         User ID:  avguest
         Password: Avguest  (Note the uppercase 'A')
         Directory: avc-site/Incoming

   - E-mail reflector

         E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
         To subscribe:
             Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
             In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

5)     Input documents can be retrieved from 0502_Mel directory of the
        ftp site once Mr. Okubo has an opportunity to put them into
        place.

        The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
            http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel
            ftp://avguest:Avguest@ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel

6)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be
        all electronic.  Participants must bring along a laptop, wireless
lan
        card and/or Ethernet card, and Ethernet cable in order to access
the
        documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by Ericsson Australia at the Maryland Country
House
in Marysville outside Melbourne Australia.

The meeting invitation containing logistic information can be found at:

<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel/Mel_Invitation.do
c>

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to
Christian Groves <Christian.Groves at ericsson.com>, providing the family
name,
given name, company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be held at the Maryland Country House. This will be a
"live-in"
meeting. To secure a room please fill in the hotel registration form in
the
meeting invitation
(http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0502_Mel/Mel_Invitation.do
c) as
soon as possible and return as indicated on the form.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Melbourne.

      Sincerely yours,

      Paul JONES
      Christian GROVES (meeting organizer of this meeting)
      Sakae OKUBO (document manager of this meeting)
      Robert GILMAN
      Istvan Sebestyen
      Bastien LAMER
      Seong-ho JEONG