H.460.cdor

Horvath Ernst ernst.horvath at siemens.com
Thu Jan 13 09:13:59 EST 2005

Paul,

I consider the concerns serious enough to discontinue work on this item
unless the author will provide a significantly amended draft.

My recollection of the San Jose discussions is:

*	the scope of the service is not precise enough; currently it
covers all forms of "retargeting", even such things as the "diversion" of
a party to an MCU in order to join it to a conference; the scope should be
narrowed to real diversion cases;
*	the service is quite complex and would need to be supported by a
large number of entities, otherwise it would not work in the desired way;
*	due to the complexity and the vague scope interoperable
implementations may be hard to achieve;
*	people were concerned about possible mis-use of the service for
spamming.

So, in order to move forward, is the editor prepared to have another go on
this service along the lines indicated above? Maybe what is needed is
something like a simple "preference indication" for reaching the original
destination only. I would also like to mention that in H.450.x there is
already an operation defined for overriding diversion-on-busy; this is
needed to enable services like call intrusion.

Regards,
Ernst