Meeting Announcement: Joint Rapporteur Meeting of Questions 2, 5,

Euchner Martin martin.euchner at SIEMENS.COM
Tue Apr 5 06:52:54 EDT 2005

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
      Mr. Paul Barrett, Vice Chairman of SG16
<paul.barrett at psytechnics.com>
      Mr. Yushi Naito, Vice Chairman of SG16 <naitoy at attglobal.net>
      Ms. Claude Lamblin, Vice Chairman of SG16

<claude.lamblin at rd.francetelecom.com>
      Mr. I Sebestyen, Vice Chairman of SG16
<Istvan.Sebestyen at siemens.com>
      Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>
      P Luthi     Rapporteur for Q.1/16 <patrick.luthi at tandberg.net>

De
      P Jones     Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
      R Gilman    Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <rrg at avaya.com>
      B Lamer     Rapporteur for Q.21/16
<bastien.lamer at rd.francetelecom.com>
      M Euchner   Rapporteur for Q.25/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
      L Lehmann   Rapporteur for Q.29/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>

   Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Biel-Bienne/Switzerland
   Date:    17 May - 20 May 2005

Dear Experts of Questions 2, 5, 21, 25 and 29/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in
Biel-Bienne/Switzerland at the Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM).
Details of the meeting are
contained herein.

Please note that Q.1/16 will meet concurrently and we will have joint or
serial sessions with these Questions."

1. Date
^^^^^^^

    17th (Tuesday) May - 20 May (Friday) 2005
    Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
    Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM)
Rue de l'Avenir 44/ Zukunftstrasse 44
CH2501 Biel-Bienne
Switzerland
http://www.bakom.ch/en/amt/kontaktadressen/index.html

Please contact the reception of OFCOM in the morning of each meeting day
to get access to the meeting room.

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.2/16 Real-Time Audio, Video, and Data Communication over
Packet-Switched
   Networks
   - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
   - Review items proposed for the H.323-series Implementers Guide
   - Progress work on the following work items
       * H.323 Annex Gv2
       * H.323 Annex I
       * H.460.17 (RAS Tunneling)
       * H.460.geo
       * H.460.location
       * H.460.dhcp
       * H.460.gaam
       * H.460.presence
   - Discuss miscellaneous and new work items

3) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for H.300-Series
Multimedia
   Systems
   - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
   - Progress work on H.proxy
   - Consider various solution proposals for NAT/FW traversal

4) Q.21/16 Multimedia Architecture
   - Progress work on
       * Multimedia Architecture and End to end Open Services
Architectural
         Framework.
       * Analysis of relevant Architectures prepared by other bodies

5) Q.25/16 Multimedia Security in Next-Generation Networks
   - Progress work on
        * H.235.x V4 subseries,
        * H.FSIC,
        * H.460.spn,
   - Coordination,
   - Maintenance H.235,
   - Consider new material.

6) Q.29/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services
   - Follow up status of work items
   - Service Mobility for Multi Media Architecture

7) Interaction with other groups

8) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

 /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 7 May 2005 ///
 /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 10 May 2005 ///
 /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution    ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
       Paul Jones <paulej at packetizer.com>, document manager of this
       meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 7 May 2005
       at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
       indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| 1,2,5,21,25 and 29/16 Rapporteur Meeting                   {Date}|
| Biel-Bienne May 17 - 20 May 2005                                 |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:

<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0505_Bie/AVD-template.doc>

      This may be modified and used for the purpose of document submission
      at this meeting.

3)     File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
       as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
       meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 9 May 2005 or before) by posting
       them at either of the following:

  - Uploading via FTP
        Site:     ftp3.itu.int/
        User ID:  avguest
        Password: Avguest  (Note the uppercase 'A')
        Directory: avc-site/Incoming

  - E-mail reflector

        E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
        To subscribe:
            Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
            In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

5)     Input documents can be retrieved from 0505_Bie directory of the
       ftp site once Mr. Jones has an opportunity to put them into
       place.

       The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
           http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0505_Bie
           ftp://avguest:Avguest@ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/2005-2008/0505_Bie

6)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be
       all electronic.  Participants must bring along a laptop, wireless
lan
       card and/or Ethernet card, and Ethernet cable in order to access
the
       documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by the Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM)
at the OFCOM premises in Biel-Bienne/Switzerland.

The meeting invitation containing logistic information can be found at:

<http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0505_Bie/Biel_Invitation.d
oc>

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send the attached registration
sheet via e-mail or fax to Aline Charmillot
 e-mail : aline.charmillot at bakom.admin.ch
Fax : +41 32 327 55 28

providing the family name,
given name, company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To secure a room please make you reservation directly to one of the
hotels, which are listed in the
meeting invitation
(http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/2005-2008/0505_Bie/Biel_Invitation.d
oc) as
soon as possible.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Biel-Bienne.

     Sincerely yours,

     Paul JONES (document manager of this meeting)
     Robert GILMAN
     Bastien LAMER
     Martin EUCHNER (meeting organizer of this meeting)
     Leo LEHMANN (meeting host of this meeting)