[SUSPECT ATTACHMENT] the requirements for NAT traversal of H.323 multimedia systems

Jianfang Li lijianfang at mail.ritt.com.cn
Tue Sep 21 08:50:57 EDT 2004

Dear users of the avc-site,

As we are approaching the end of current study period, administrators
of the avc-site (Paul Jones and myself) have considered rearranging
the directory structure of the ftp site. There are two requirements;
one is that we need permanent directories to allow stable linking
from other pages, the other is that the most recent directory should
appear on top of the list.

A proposal is as follows:

n_0501-0812/ <== the first meeting directory will be here from the start
p_0101-0412/ <== all the meetings during this period
q_9608-0012/ <== current till_0012
r_9501-9607/ <== current till_9607

The starting alphabet is to meet the second requirement. Probably we
should avoid i, l, o to avoid confusion with numbers. In case we need
to store older documents, we can create s_, t_ ... directories, and
we have a sufficient number of letters for the future.

Please advise me if you see any problems in this plan. I would like
to carry out this rearrangement immediately so that the San Jose
meeting report can include unchanging links.

OKUBO Sakae
e-mail: sokubo at waseda.jp
Visiting Professor
Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Waseda University
Waseda University, YRP Ichibankan 312        Tel: +81 46 847 5406
3-4 Hikarinooka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken  Fax: +81 46 847 5413
239-0847 Japan
                       H.323 videoconferencing: arranged by advice