Outcome of the Beijing meeting

OKUBO Sakae okubo at MXZ.MESH.NE.JP
Mon May 17 09:26:03 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I thought this would be an opportunity to say our 2 cents and comment on
this.

--NIST Releases Draft Guidelines for VoIP Security
(6 May 2004)
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has released
draft guidelines for securing Voice Over IP technology.  The suggestions
include putting voice and data traffic on logically different networks
and denying access to the voice gateway from the data network.  NIST is
accepting comments on the draft through June 18.
http://www.gcn.com/cgi-bin/udt/im.display.printable?client.id=gcndaily2&story.id=25844

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/NIST_SP800-58-040502.pdf

Thank you
Nadim El-Khoury