Meeting Announcement: ITU-T SG16 Q.2,3,4,5,F,G,K Rapporteur meeting

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Wed Jul 7 12:58:02 EDT 2004

Dear Experts,

Please find attached to this message the meeting announcement for the
upcoming Rapporteur meeting of Questions 2, 3, 4, 5, F, G, and K.  The
meeting is scheduled for 30 August to 3 September 2004 in San Jose.

We have a number of work items to progress, including new work in the NAT/FW
traversal Question.

You may also be interested to know that Question 1 and Question B are also
expected to meet with our group serially.

Please advise me that you plan to attend the meeting as soon as possible.

I look forward to seeing you in San Jose.

Best Regards,

Paul E. Jones

-------------- next part --------------
To    Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions F, G, K, 2, 3, 4 and 5/16

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
      Mr. M. Matsumoto, Vice-Chairman of SG16 <mmatsumoto at waseda.jp>
      Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>
      Mr. P. Luthi, Rapporteur for Q.1/16 <patrick.luthi at tandberg.net>
      Mr. C. Hansen, Rapporteur for Q.B/16 <chris.hansen at intel.com>

De    S.H. Jeong   Rapporteur for Q.F/16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
      M Euchner    Rapporteur for Q.G/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
      L Lehmann    Rapporteur for Q.K/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>
      P Jones      Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
      C Groves     Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <Christian.Groves at ericsson.com.au>
      S Okubo      Rapporteur for Q.4/16 < sokubo at waseda.jp>
      R Gilman     Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <rrg at avaya.com>

   Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in San Jose, California
   Date:    30 August - 3 September 2004

Dear Experts of Questions F, G, K, 2-5/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in San Jose,
California at Cisco Systems.  Details of the meeting are contained herein.

Please note that Q.1/16 and Q.B/16 may meet concurrently and we will
have joint or serial sessions with these Questions.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

    30 (Monday) August - 3 (Friday) September 2004
    Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
    Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

    Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Gateway Conference Center
    Building J
    Room: London Bridge
    255 West Tasman Drive
    San Jose, CA 94134
    USA
    Tel: +1 408 526 4000

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.F/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia Systems

   - Progress work on
      * H.priority
      * H.323 Annex N
      * H.trans.control
   - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items

3) Q.G/16 Security of Multimedia Systems and Services

   - Progress work on
      * H.235 Annex G
      * H.235 Annex J
      * H.FSIC

4) Q.K/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services

   - Progess work on Combined mobility H.323/GPRS
   - Dicussion LS NGN
   - Discussion new work items (handover,Forign Address Handling)

5) Q.2/16 Multimedia over packet networks using H.323 systems

   - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
   - Review items proposed for the H.323-series Implementers Guide
   - Progress work on
      * H.323 Annex I
      * H.460.cdor
      * H.323 Annex Dv2
      * H.323 Annex Gv2
      * H.460.relreq
      * H.gaam
      * H.323 Annex M.4
      * H.presence
      * H.sms
   - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items

6) Q.3/16 Infrastructure and interoperability for Multimedia over
          packet networks

   - Coordinate with other SDOs, Questions, or Study Groups
   - Progress work on:
      * H.245 v11
      * H.245 Annex P
      * H.245 Annex Q
      * H.248.1 v3
      * H.248.1 Annex F
      * H.248.1 v1 IG
      * H.248 Sub Series IG
      * H Series Supp 2
      * H.248.2 Rev.1
      * H.248.9 Rev.1
      * H.248.26 Amm.1
      * H.248.29
      * H.248.DCR
      * H.248.PCMSB
      * H.341v2
   - Discussion of miscellaneous and new work items

7) Q.4/16 Video and data conferencing using Internet-supported services

   - H.350-series maintenance
   - Addition to H.350-series
   - Study of new service features

8) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for Multimedia Systems

   - progress work on firewall traveral requirements (H.FWREQ)
   - progress work on proxy firewall (H.PROXY)
   - discussion of contributions and new work items

9) Interaction with other groups

10) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

 /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 20 August 2004 ///
 /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 23 August 2004 ///
 /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution    ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
       Sakae Okubo < sokubo at waseda.jp>, document manager of this
       meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 20 August 2004
       at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
       indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.F, G, K, 2-5/16 Rapporteur Meeting                       {Date}|
| San Jose, 30 August - 3 September 2004                           |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:
      <http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/0408_San/AVD-template.doc>
      This may be modified and used for the purpose of document submission
      at this meeting.

3)     File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
       as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
       meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 23 August 2004 or before) by posting
       them at either of the following:

  - Uploading via FTP
        Site:     ftp3.itu.int/
        User ID:  avguest
        Password: Avguest  (Note the uppercase 'A')
        Directory: avc-site/Incoming

  - E-mail reflector

        E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
        To subscribe:
            Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
            In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

5)     Input documents can be retrieved from /0408_San directory of the
       ftp site once Mr. Okubo has an opportunity to put them into
       place.

       The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
           http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/0408_San/
           ftp://avguest:Avguest@ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/0408_San/

6)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be
       all electronic.  Participants must bring along a laptop,  Ethernet
       card, and Ethernet cable in order to access the documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by Cisco Systems on the San Jose campus.

San Jose Cisco campus map:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory/campus.html

Directions to Building J from the San Jose Airport:
    o When exiting the San Jose Airport, make a left onto Route 87
      (Guadalupe Parkway).
    o Go north on Route 87 to N. First Street.
    o Turn left onto N. First Street.
    o Take N. First Street approximately 2.4 miles to Tasman Drive.
    o Take a right on E. Tasman and cross over First Street.
    o Building J is in a group of buildings on the right
      just before you get to Vista Montana Ave.
    o Approximate distance from the San Jose Airport is 4 miles

Directions to Building J from the San Francisco Airport:
    o Take Highway 101 south towards San Jose.
    o Take the 237 East exit towards Alviso/Milpitas.
    o Take the Zanker Exit.
    o Take a right on Zanker.
    o Take a left on Tasman.
    o Building J is in a group of buildings on the right
      just before you get to Vista Montana Ave.
    o Approximate distance from the San Francisco Airport is 35 miles

Transportation to and from the meeting facilities is the responsibility
of the attendee.  However, several area hotels offer a shuttle service
to and from the San Jose airport, as well as to and from the Cisco
campus.  (Please see section 7 below for a partial listing.)

Attendees will have access to the Internet via an Ethernet connection.
Attendees are requested to bring an Ethernet cable at least 7 meters in
length.  802.11b wireless access will not be available.

Power outlets will be provided at each seat for use with laptop computers.
The power outlets will be standard US connections at 110 volts.  Attendees
are required to bring any adapters, as necessary.

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to
Paul E. Jones <paulej at packetizer.com>, providing the family name,
given name, company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

Early registration of your attendance is welcome and encouraged.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are no hotels specifically reserved for this meeting, as hotel space
in San Jose is usually plentiful.  Even so, it is a good idea to reserve your
room in advance.  For those who wish to have some suggestions, here
are a few of the nearby hotels:

    Beverly Heritage Hotel
    1820 Barber Lane
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.beverlyheritage.com/
    Tel: +1 408 943 9080

    Crown Plaza
    777 Bellew Drive
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h/d/CP/hd/sfomp
    Tel: +1 408 321 9500

    Hilton Garden Inn
    30 Ranch Drive
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SJCMHGI
    Tel: +1 408 719 1313

    Sheraton San Jose
    1801 Barber Lane
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=670
    Tel: +1 408 943 0600

All of the above hotels offer shuttle service to and from the San Jose
airport, as well as shuttle service to and from the Cisco campus.  Please
check with the hotel for specific details and/or to make arrangements for
transportation.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in San Jose.

     Sincerely yours,

     Seong-ho JEONG
     Martin EUCHNER
     Robert GILMAN
     Paul JONES (meeting organizer of this meeting)
     Christian GROVES
     Sakae OKUBO (document manager of this meeting)
     Leo LEHMANN