Request for contributions for Q.K/16 meeting in Beijing

OKUBO Sakae okubo at MXZ.MESH.NE.JP
Fri Apr 2 07:21:11 EST 2004

*** forwarded to those who are interested in Q.K (mobility) works ***
*** on behalf of Mr. Leo Lehmann <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>     ***

Dear experts,

We are planning to have a Rapporteur meeting in Beijing, China during
the week of May 11-14, 2004.

With respect to Q.K (Mobility Management) I have collected very less
essential contributions. So far I can only report about the
discussions And meetings, which I had with 3GPP regarding the Liaison
"mobility between H.323 muti media systems and GPRS/IMT2000
networks". I have not received any further contributions or interest
from experts regarding any of the Q.K work tasks:

- Specification of mobility handling (terminal, user) between H.323
environments and GPRS/ IMT2000 networks
- Specification of service mobility with respect to roaming of user
profiles, mobile Multimedia collaboration applications and services
- Specification of Handover procedures where active sessions can be
maintained during location changes
- Specification of Interworking with NGN networks to support
generalised mobility handling
- Presence
or any further work task.

Due to this fact I would like to ask you urgently to send me some
input until April 13, 2004. Q.K can only be successful if it receives
contribution from various experts.

If I receive no further input until this date I have to consider to
inform the SG16 management and the TSB that Q.K proposes to cancel
the Q.K meeting in Beijing.

Best regards

Leo Lehmann
Raporteur for Q.K/16