Notice of the Beijing meeting (11-14 May 2004)

OKUBO Sakae okubo at MXZ.MESH.NE.JP
Thu Apr 1 03:37:37 EST 2004

*** This notice and the host's information as attached will be ***
*** placed at <http://ftp3.itu.ch/av-arch/avc-site/0405_Bei/>. ***

To Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions F, G, K, 2, 3, 4 and 5/16

Cc Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
    Mr. M. Matsumoto, Vice-Chairman of SG16 <mmatsumoto at waseda.jp>
    Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>
    Mr. L. Jiang, MII <jianglt at public.bta.net.cn>
    Ms. Y. Shen, MII <shenyaqin at catr.com.cn>
    Mr. C. Hansen, Rapporteur for Q.B/16 <chris.hansen at INTEL.COM>,
    Mr. P. Luthi, Rapporteur for Q.1/16 <patrick.luthi at TANDBERG.NO>

De S-H. Jeong   Rapporteur for Q.F/16 <shjeong at hufs.ac.kr>
    M. Euchner   Rapporteur for Q.G/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
    L. Lehmann   Rapporteur for Q.K/16 <Leo.Lehmann at bakom.admin.ch>
    P. Jones     Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
    C. Groves    Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <Christian.Groves at ericsson.com.au>
    S. Okubo     Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <sokubo at waseda.jp>
    R. Gilman    Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <rrg at avaya.com>

    Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Beijing, China
    Date:    31 March 2004

Dear experts of Questions F, G, K, 2-5/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Beijing,
China at the kind invitation of China Academy of Telecommunications
Research of MII and China Communications Standards Association. Details
of the meeting are contained herein.

Please note that Q.B/16 and Q.1/16 may meet concurrently and we will
have joint sessions with these Questions in that case.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     11 (Tuesday) - 14 (Friday) May 2004
     Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
     Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

GUANGZHOU HOTEL
No.A3, Xi Dan Heng Er Tiao,
Xicheng District, Beijing,
China
Tel: +86 10 66078866
Fax: +86 10 66085998
Post Code: 100031

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.F/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia
    Systems

     - Progress work for:
         * Annex N H.323
         * H.priority
         * H.trans.cont

3) Q.G/16 Security of Multimedia Systems and Services

     - Progress work for:
         * H.235 Annex G
         * other study items in the living list (TD-71/WP2, January 2004)

4) Q.K/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services

     - Further elaboration TD-53/WP2 (January 2004)
     - Mobility aspects of presence service; co-ordination with Q.2/16
     - Study of new service features
     - Follow up workplan

5) Q.2/16 Multimedia over packet networks using H.323 systems

     - Progress work for:
         * H.460.tppr
         * H.460.trans
         * H.460.relreq
         * H.gaam
         * H.323 Annexes I & N
         * H.323 Annexes Dv3, Gv2, Ov2
         * H.sms
         * H.presence

6) Q.3/16 Infrastructure and interoperability for Multimedia over
           packet networks

     - Progress work for:
         * H.248-subseries
         * H.245 v11
         * H.341

7) Q.4/16 Video and data conferencing using Internet-supported services

     - H.350-series maintenance
     - Addition to H.350-series
     - Presence use scenarios
     - Study of new service features

8) Q.5/16 Control of NAT and Firewall Traversal for Multimedia Systems

     - Progress NAT/firewall traversal methods

9) Interaction with other groups

     - NGN
     - Others

10) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

  /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 30 April 2004 ///
  /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 4 May 2004    ///
  /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution   ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
        Paul Jones <paulej at packetizer.com>, document manager of this
        meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 30 April 2004
        at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
        indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note: Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.F, G, K, 2-5/16 Rapporteur Meeting                       {Date}|
| Beijing, 11-14 May 2004                                          |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

Note: A template for the AVD document can be found at:
       <http://ftp3.itu.ch/av-arch/avc-site/0405_Bei/AVD-template.doc>
       This may be modified and used for the purpose of document submission
       at this meeting.

3)     File format: Use of Word, PDF, ASCII or HTML is recommended.

4)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
        as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
        meeting (23:59 UTC, Tuesday 4 May 2004 or before) by posting
        them at either of the following:

   - Uploading via FTP
         Site:     ftp3.itu.int/
         User ID:  avguest
         Password: Avguest  (Note the uppercase 'A')
         Directory: avc-site/Incoming

   - E-mail reflector

         E-mail address: itu-sg16 at external.cisco.com
         To subscribe:
             Send e-mail to majordomo at cisco.com
             In the body of the message, put: subscribe itu-sg16

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

5)     Input documents can be retrieved from /0405_Bei directory of the
        ftp site once Mr. Jones has an opportunity to put them into
        place.

        The documents will also be available through the following URLs:
            http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/0405_Bei/
            ftp://avguest:Avguest@ftp3.itu.int/avc-site/0405_Bei/

6)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be
        all electronic.  Participants must bring along a laptop and
        802.11b wireless card in order to access the documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by China Academy of Telecommunications
Research of MII and China Communications Standards Association.

Please refer to the participants' information document kindly prepared
by the host, which is available at:
   <http://ftp3.itu.int/av-arch/avc-site/0405_Bei/Participants-info.zip>

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send the Meeting
Registration / Hotel Room Reservation Form provided by the host in the
participants' information document to
     Ms. Jiang Hong <jianghong at catr.com.cn>
with copy to
     Ms.Yaqin Shen <shenyaqin at catr.com.cn> and
     CCSA <ccsacontact at ccsa.org.cn>
by 28 April 2004.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are recommended to stay at GUANGZHOU HOTEL, the meeting place. For
room reservation, please indicate the dates of your stay in the Meeting
Registration / Hotel Room Reservation Form.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Beijing.

      Sincerely yours,

      Seong-ho JEONG
      Martin EUCHNER
      Robert GILMAN
      Paul JONES (document manager of this meeting)
      Christian GROVES
      Sakae OKUBO (meeting organizer of this meeting)
      Leo LEHMANN