AW: H.323 Fast Connect and Versioning

Horvath Ernst ernst.horvath at siemens.com
Wed Sep 17 04:55:22 EDT 2003

Paul,

I still don't see why the existing version field in the t38FaxProfile isn't
sufficient and how an additional syntax2002 field would help much.

If an old implementation returns an unrecognised version field, why should
it drop an unrecognised new field? So those implementations still won't
behave as expected.

The only case where syntax2002 would improve things seems to be with version
0/1 implementations that understand the version field and answer incorrectly
by returning a "version = 2" field unchanged. Am I right?

Ernst