TISPAN vs Q.NCAP?; Re: New draft on Gate Control protocol

simao.campos at ITU.INT simao.campos at ITU.INT
Wed Nov 26 08:40:35 EST 2003

Forwarding on behalf of Mr Schwarz

-----Original Message-----
From: Albrecht.Schwarz at alcatel.de [mailto:Albrecht.Schwarz at alcatel.de]
Sent: 26 November 2003 14:31
To: CHATRAS Bruno FTRD/DAC/ISS
Cc: TISPAN_WG3 at LIST.ETSI.ORG; tsg16q3 at itu.int; tsg11ncap at itu.int;
megaco at ietf.org
Subject: TISPAN vs Q.NCAP?; Re: New draft on Gate Control protocol

Dear Mr Chatras,

due to the fact that I'm neither involved in TISPAN WG3 nor SG11 NCAP, I'm
wondering how is the relation between Draft Q.NCAP3 and your TISPAN H.248
Profile?
Are these complemental or disjoint activities?

Thanks,

Albrecht Schwarz
ALCATEL

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           CHATRAS Bruno         |
|         |           FTRD/DAC/ISS          |
|         |           <bruno.chatras at FRANCET|
|         |           ELECOM.COM>           |
|         |           Sent by: "TISPAN_WG3: |
|         |           Protocols"            |
|         |           <TISPAN_WG3 at LIST.ETSI.|
|         |           ORG>                  |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           25.11.2003 18:49      |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           CHATRAS Bruno         |
|         |           FTRD/DAC/ISS          |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->

---------------------------------|

  |        To:      TISPAN_WG3 at LIST.ETSI.ORG
|
  |        cc:
|
  |        Subject: New draft on Gate Control protocol

---------------------------------|

Dear Colleagues,

A new draft of the ETSI Gate Control protocol specification is available as
TD070 at the following location.

http://docbox.etsi.org/tispan/tispan/50-20031201-Sophia/02TD070%20H248Profil
e%20GC.zip

I take the opportunity of this message to remind you that this ES has some
dependencies on the EMP Package defined in TS 101 332. During the TISPAN
meeting we agreed that this package should be registered by IANA and that a
corrigendum to TS 101 332 should be issued. However, the EMP package is
still missing on the IANA web site where packages are supposed to be
registered (http://www.iana.org/assignments/megaco-h248), and apparently,
there is no input contribution with a proposed corrigendum to TS 101 332.

Regards,
Bruno

     Mail archive for TISPAN_WG3 can be browsed at the following url :

                   http://list.etsi.org/TISPAN_WG3.html