FW: new version of draft on additional x509 certificate schema fo r LDAP

Euchner Martin ICN M SR 3 Martin.Euchner at ICN.SIEMENS.DE
Wed Nov 6 05:11:39 EST 2002

Folks,

maybe what I could add to this, while what Paul has written is completely
correct:

1)  You can participate as "expert" in a Rapporteur Meeting, if the
Rapporteur (e.g. Paul) feels that it contributes to the progress of work.
The implementation of an "open door" policy - if he feels that is the right
way to go - is up to him as a Rapporteur.

2) However, while you may provide there key contributions to the progress of
H.323 Standardization, in the end you have no power to participate in the
official commenting and approval process. Those can be done only by ITU-T
members and ITU-T Associates (the later can officially comment, but not
"vote"). However, since changes from the "top" - I mean on SG level are not
frequent, your contribution at the "bottom" can be still very powerful for
the shaping of the standard.

Kind regards,
Istvan