h235v2

Euchner Martin ICN M SR 3 Martin.Euchner at ICN.SIEMENS.DE
Tue May 7 10:25:34 EDT 2002

Wu,

thanks for your good observation. I read the two paragraphs together in
conjunction with chapter 7 and can indeed agree with you that there is a
mismatch.

As a resolution, I will prepare a proposal for the H.323 Implementors Guide
that recommends to delete the incorrect "logical", as shown below.

Assuming that the connection procedures in the previous clause (Connection
establishment procedures) indicate a secure mode of operation, the
negotiated handshake and authentication shall occur for the H.245 channel
before any other H.245 messages are exchanged. If negotiated, any exchange
of certificates shall occur using any mechanism appropriate for the H-Series
terminal(s). After completing the securing of the H.245 channel, the
terminals use the H.245 protocol in the same manner that they would in an
insecure mode.

With kind regards

Martin Euchner.
http://intranet.icn.siemens.de/marketing/cs27/topics/security/
| D-81359 Muenchen               Internet: http://www.siemens.de/
| __________________
| Germany

    is the following i marked by <<<>>> a error?
    i think it should possibly be H.245 control channe.

8.1 Secure H.245 channel operation
Assuming that the connection procedures in the previous clause (Connection
establishment
procedures) indicate a secure mode of operation, the negotiated handshake
and authentication shall
occur for the <<<H.245 logical channel>>> before any other H.245 messages
are exchanged. If negotiated,
any exchange of certificates shall occur using any mechanism appropriate
for the H-Series
terminal(s). After completing the securing of the H.245 channel, the
terminals use the H.245 protocol
in the same manner that they would in an insecure mode.

special to paul,because i am not sure this mail can get to the maillist,so
i have send a copy to your address.if it is a trouble,please forgive me
about that.

regards,

wu.y.m