Help requested !

Gregory gregoryduez at BELGACOM.NET
Fri Mar 22 04:44:16 EST 2002

Brian,

  Although you don't say, I assume you are referring to encryption of
the RTP data. Signalling encryption is easy - just use a standard
SSL/TLS channel.

  I'm curious as to why you feel a H.245 channel is needed for H.235.
There is the ability to include cryptoTokens in the SETUP and CONNECT
packets, similar to fastStart.

  One problem with the approach ofered is that is does not allow an
endpoint to provide multiple choices for the encryption algorithm. This
could be fixed by using a SEQUENCE with OPTIONAL elements, although you
would need to add storage for the keys for each method. The
capabilities-based approach in H.235 is more flexible in this regard.

  Also, please consider adding a nonStandard option to the CHOICE, with
an associated vendor ID and nonStandardField like most other H.323
options have. This allows vendors to implement private encryption
options within a number space that cannot be compromised by future
extensions to the list of standard encryption options. Again, H.235
capabilities allows this.

  Craig

--
Craig Southeren <craigs at equival.com.au>