AVD-2250

mike.nilsson at BT.COM mike.nilsson at BT.COM
Thu Jun 20 10:23:42 EDT 2002

Roni,

I support the intention of this contribution.

However, I have some editorial comments:

1) There should be a comma after the three dots as another field follows.

2) The most recent version of H.245 that we approved was version 8.

3) The extra sentence in RequestMode semantics could be improved a little:

H263VideoMode: Indicates the requested picture resolution (SQCIF, QCIF, CIF,
4CIF and 16CIF or some custom picture format) and bit rate in units of 100
bit/s. When communicating with an endpoint supporting H.245 version 8 or
earlier, it is not possible to request only a custom picture format.
Therefore, when receiving RequestMode from an endpoint supporting H.245
version 8 or earlier, if the RequestMode contains a custom picture format,
this should be considered the preferred requested resolution rather than the
resolution indicated in the resolution field of H263VideoMode.

Best regards

Mike

--------------------
Mike Nilsson
Advanced Video Services
> BTexact Technologies

Callisto House, B81 Room 102 pp14
Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3RE, UK
Tel:    +44 1473 645413
Mobile: +44 7808 635412
Fax:    +44 1473 646589
Email:  mike.nilsson at bt.com

BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or
email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.