RESEND: ITU-T Q2/16 Rapporteur's Meeting Announcement

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Sat Jul 27 00:44:06 EDT 2002

Folks,

Apparently, this message did not reach everybody on the mailing list,
so I am sending it once again.  Hopefully, it will get through this time.

Best Regards,

To    Experts of ITU-T Q2/SG16
      Experts of ITU-T Q3/SG16
      Experts of ITU-T Q11/SG16
      Experts of TR30.1

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
      Mr. G. Wreikat, Vice-Chairman of SG16 <wreikat at hotmail.com>
      Mr. F. Tosco, Chairman of WP2/16 <Federico.Tosco at tilab.com>
      Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>
      Mr. T. Anderson, expected Rapporteur Q3/16 <tla at lucent.com>
      Mr. S. Okubo, Rapporteur Q4/16 <okubo at giti.waseda.ac.jp>
      Mr. L. Brown, Rapporteur Q11/16 <lesbrown at sympatico.ca>

De    P Jones, Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>

   Subject: Notice of ITU-T Q2/16 Rapporteur Meeting in Raleigh, NC, USA
   Date:    25 July 2002

Dear Experts of Questions 2/16, Q3/11, Q11/16, and TIA TR30.1,

An ITU-T Q2/SG16 experts meeting will be held in Raleigh, NC, USA, at the
offices of Cisco Systems, Inc. in order to progress the work of modem
over IP (MoIP).  Unlike other Rapporteur's meetings, this will only be a
two day meeting that is focused strictly on the topic of MoIP.  I would
kindly like to ask that if you have any documents that you want to discuss,
but which are not related to MoIP, that you make those available at the
upcoming SG16 meeting to be held in October 2002.

As the topic of modem over IP is of interest to experts from Q3/16,
Q11/16, and TIA30.1, I have opened this meeting to those experts as well.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

    19 (Monday) August - 20 (Tuesday) August 2002
    Meeting will start at 9:00 AM each day, closing around
    18:00 each day.

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

    Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Valley Building (Building 7)
    7025 Kit Creek Rd
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
    Tel: +1 919 472 2000

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    1) Progress work on Annex P/H.323
    2) Progress work on proposed additions to H.245 to support MoIP,
       including the "Multiple Payload Stream" concept
    3) Progress work on H.460.6 (Extended Fast Connect)

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

 /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 12 August 2002  ///
 /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 14 August 2002 ///
 /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution    ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
       Sakae Okubo <okubo at giti.waseda.ac.jp>, document manager of this
       meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Wednesday 12 August 2002
       at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
       indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q2/16 Rapporteur Meeting                                   {Date}|
| Raleigh, 19-20 August 2002                                       |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All contributors are requested to distribute documents
       as early as possible: at least 5 calendar days in advance of the
       meeting (23:59 UTC, 14 Augsut 2002 or before).  Please post
       them at either of the following:

  - PictureTel ftp site (please advise Mr. Okubo of your posting)

        Site:       standard.pictel.com/avc-site
        Login name: anonymous
        Directory:  Incoming

  - Intel e-mail reflector

        e-mail address: itu-sg16 at echo.jf.intel.com

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from /0208_Ral directory of the
       ftp site once Mr. Okubo has an opportunity to put them into place.

5)     The document distribution at the meeting will be electronic.
       Participants must bring along their laptop, Ethernet card, and
       Ethernet cable.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The meeting will be held on Cisco System's Research Triangle Park (RTP)
campus. The nearest airport is the Raleigh/Durham International Airport.
The airport code is "RDU".

Driving directions from the airport to Cisco Systems:
  o Depart the airport on Airport Boulevard towards I-40
  o At the I-40 intersection, turn right (West) on I-40
  o Travel west to the Davis Drive (Exit 280)
  o At the top of the exit ramp is a traffic signal
  o At that signal, turn left (South) onto Davis Drive
  o Proceed 3.5 miles on Davis Drive to Kit Creek Road intersection
  o Turn right onto Kit Creek Road
  o Turn right at the third entrance on the right for Cisco
    buildings 7, 8, and 9.  (The first two entrances on the right are not
    part of the Cisco campus.)

 Approximate total distance from the airport is 8 miles, with a driving
 time of approximately 15 minutes during non-rush hour traffic.
 There are rental cars and taxis available at the airport.  Some hotels
 also offer a shuttle service between the hotel and the airport.

 When arriving at the Valley Building (Building 7) each morning, please
 inform the receptionist that you are there for the ITU meeting and you
 will be issued a visitor badge.  We will meet in the lobby at 9AM before
 proceeding to the meeting room.

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to
Paul E. Jones <paulej at packetizer.com>, providing the family name,
given name, company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is no particular hotel reserved for attendees at this meeting.
However, there are number from which you may choose:

    Hampton Inn
    1010 Airport Blvd
    Morrisville, NC 27560
    (919) 462-1620

    Holiday Inn-Express
    1014 Airport Blvd.
    Morrisville, NC 27560
    919) 653-2260

    LaQuinta Inn-RDU
    1001 Hospitality Ct,  off Airport Blvd
    Morrisville, NC 27560
    (919) 461-1771

    Holiday Inn-RTP
    4810 Old Page Road
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
    (919) 941-6000

    Radisson Governors Inn
    PO Box 12168
    I-40 at Davis Dr, Exit 280
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
    (919) 549-8631
    800-333-3333 (Toll Free)

    Sheraton Imperial Hotel
    4700 Emperor Boulevard, off Page Road
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
    (919) 941-5050

    Wyndham Garden Hotel
    4620 South Miami Blvd.
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
    (919) 941-6066

    Marriott at RTP
    4700 Guardian Drive
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
    (919) 941-6200

    Doubletree Guest Suites
    2515 Meridian Parkway
    Durham, NC 27703
    (919) 361-4660

    Embassy Suites Cary
    201 Harrison Oaks
    Cary, NC 27513
    (919) 677-1840

I look forward to seeing with you in Raleigh.

Sincerely yours,
Paul Jones