Report of Q.5 (mobility) phone conference, December 18th, 200 1

Meyer, Greg W greg.w.meyer at INTEL.COM
Thu Jan 24 10:53:43 EST 2002

Forwarded per Mr. Roy's request (his IT dept is working on the problem).

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy, Radhika R, ALASO
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 9:17 AM
To: 'BOUGANT François FTRD/DAC/ISS'; ITU-SG16 at echo.jf.INTEL.COM
Subject: RE: Report of Q.5 (mobility) phone conference, December 18th,
200 1

Hi, Mr. Bougant and All:

If I understand your argument, it is this: "an annex of H.225, It would not
be possible to make it evolve in order to meet the requirements of
multimedia services THAT WOULD NOT BE call related."

Now let us examine: What is H.225.0 Annex G protocol that is used among the
BEs? Is not a kind of H.225.0 RAS messages that is de-coupled from the
H.225.0 Q.931/932 call setup?

So, from technical point of view, it is this: H.225.0 Annex G and the
proposed H.22x are working in the same space. If we want to deprecate
H.225.0 Annex G without enhancing it, only then, we can work for H.22x.

The only advantage for H.22x that I see it is non-technical: The mobility
group (Q.5) will be able to work independently without going through a
process for enhancing of H.225.0 Annex G that is controlled by another group
(Q.2).

Now, my question to all SG16 members: Do you all want to support H.22x
(instead of extending H.225.0 Annex G)?

I have made points clearly and adequately. Now I will leave the matter to
all other SG16 members to decide. I will keep myself off leaving the
decision entirely to other SG16 members.

Finally, I like to thank all members for participating in the debate. The
bottom line is this: Let us decide H.22x or Enhancement of H.225.0 Annex G
for mobility in the upcoming SG16 meeting.

Best regards,
Radhika R. Roy