Report of Q.5 (mobility) phone conference, December 18th, 200 1

BOUGANT François FTRD/DAC/ISS francois.bougant at RD.FRANCETELECOM.COM
Thu Jan 24 08:14:31 EST 2002

Hi all,

I fully agree with the arguments previously expressed by Ernst Orvath for
H.22x in the specific context (H.22X being an enhanced version of H.225
annex G v2 draft). So I vote for H.22x.

If such this MM protocol becomes a standard as an annex of H.225, It would
not be possible to make it evolve in order to meet the requirements of
multimedia services THAT WOULD NOT BE call related. This doesn't fit our
decision to design a generic MM protocol. This justifies the "documentation"
advantage as mentionned by Ernst.

Anyway, considering the short time remaining until the plenary meeting, I
would suggest to discuss also about the protocol design itself.

Cordially

François Bougant
France Telecom