ITU-T Q.D,F,G,2-5 Rapporteur's Meeting Announcement

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Mon Dec 16 23:59:43 EST 2002

To    Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions D, F, G, 2, 3, 4 and 5/16

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
      Mr. S. Campos-Neto, ITU TSB <simao.campos at itu.int>

De    T Taylor     Rapporteur for Q.D/16 <taylor at nortelnetworks.com>
      M Buckley    Rapporteur for Q.F/16 <mikebuckley at 44comms.com>
      M Euchner    Rapporteur for Q.G/16 <Martin.Euchner at siemens.com>
      P Jones      Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
      T Anderson   Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <tlatla at verizon.net>
      S Okubo      Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <okubo at giti.waseda.ac.jp>
      E Horvath    Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <ernst.horvath at siemens.com>

   Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in San Jose, California
   Date:    16 December 2002

Dear experts of Questions D, F, G, 2-5/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in San Jose,
California at Cisco Systems.  Details of the meeting are contained herein.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

    11 (Tuesday) - 14 (Friday) February 2003
    Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
    Closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

    Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Gateway Conference Center
    Building J
    255 West Tasman Drive
    San Jose, CA 94134
    USA
    Tel: +1 408 526 4000

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.D/16 Interoperability of Multimedia Systems and Services

    - Develop roadmap for future activity on interoperability
    - Progress work on vocabulary
    - Cooperate in the development of recommendations on systems

3) Q.F/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia Systems

    - Progress work for:
        * H.qos.arch
        * Review Annex N H.323
        * Review and issue draft H.mmclass
        * Review and issue draft H.priority

4) Q.G/16 Security of Multimedia Systems and Services

    - Progress work on
        * H.235 Version 3
        * H.235 Annex G (SRTP Usage)
        * H.SETS (Security for Emergency Telecommunications)
        * H.324 security enhancements & H.235 Annex C
    - Maintenance of
        * Revised H.233/H.234 (Circuit-switched A/V security)
        * H.235 Annex F (Hybrid Security Profile)
        * H.530 (Mobility Security)
    - Other items of interest with security impact

5) Q.2/16 Multimedia over packet networks using H.323 systems

    - Progress work on:
        * H.323 Annex N (QoS)
        * H.323 Annex O (I-net protocols)
        * Annex I/H.323
        * H.225.0v5
        * H.323v5
        * H.460.tppr
        * Annex A/H.460.1
    - Discuss plans for future work

6) Q.3/16 Infrastructure and interoperability for Multimedia over
          packet networks

    - Progress work on
        * H.246AnxCv2
        * H.248AnxF
        * H.248.19
        * H.341v2
    - Begin work on
        * MoIP for H.248
        * other new work.

7) Q.4/16 Video and data conferencing using Internet-supported services

    - Produce requirement capture for H.ldap
    - Produce draft H.ldap
    - Produce issue list for H.ldap
    - Describe other service scenarios
    - Elaborate workplan

8) Q.5/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services

    - Progress work for:
        * H.500
        * H.550
        * other mobility related topics

9) Interaction with other groups

10) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

 /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 31 January 2003 ///
 /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 4 February 2003 ///
 /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution  ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
       Sakae Okubo <okubo at giti.waseda.ac.jp>, document manager of this
       meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 31 January 2003
       at the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
       indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.D, F, G, 2-5/16 Rapporteur Meeting                       {Date}|
| San Jose, 11-14 February 2003                                    |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
       as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
       meeting (23:59 UTC, Tuesday 4 February 2003 or before) by posting
       them at either of the following:

  - Uploading via FTP
        The FTP area for SG16 documents is presently being moved.
        The new location will be advised on the e-mail reflector as soon
        as the transition of ftp site has been completed.

  - Intel e-mail reflector

        e-mail address: itu-sg16 at echo.jf.intel.com

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from /0302_San directory of the
       ftp site once Mr. Okubo has an opportunity to put them into place.

5)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be all
       electronic.  Participants must bring along a laptop, Ethernet
       card, and Ethernet cable in order to access the documents.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by Cisco Systems on the San Jose campus.

San Jose Cisco campus map:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory/campus.html

Directions to Building J from the San Jose Airport:
    o When exiting the San Jose Airport, make a left onto Route 87
      (Guadalupe Parkway).
    o Go north on Route 87 to N. First Street.
    o Turn left onto N. First Street.
    o Take N. First Street approximately 2.4 miles to Tasman Drive.
    o Take a right on E. Tasman and cross over First Street.
    o Building J is in a group of buildings on the right
      just before you get to Vista Montana Ave.
    o Approximate distance from the San Jose Airport is 4 miles

Directions to Building J from the San Francisco Airport:
    o Take Highway 101 south towards San Jose.
    o Take the 237 East exit towards Alviso/Milpitas.
    o Take the Zanker Exit.
    o Take a right on Zanker.
    o Take a left on Tasman.
    o Building J is in a group of buildings on the right
      just before you get to Vista Montana Ave.
    o Approximate distance from the San Jose Airport is 35 miles

Transportation to and from the meeting facilities is the responsibility
of the attendee.  However, several area hotels offer a shuttle service
to and from the San Jose airport, as well as to and from the Cisco
campus.  (Please see section 7 below for a partial listing.)

Attendees will have access to the Internet via an Ethernet connection.
Attendees are requested to bring an Ethernet cable at least 7 meters in
length.  802.11b wireless access will not be available.

Power outlets will be provided at each seat for use with laptop computers.
The power outlets will be standard US connections at 110 volts.  Attendees
are required to bring any adapters, as necessary.

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to
Paul E. Jones <paulej at packetizer.com>, providing the family name,
given name, company name, and e-mail address of person(s) attending.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are no hotels specifically reserved for this meeting, as hotel space
in San Jose is usually plentiful.  Even so, it is a good idea to reserve your
room in advance.  For those who wish to have some suggestions, here
are a few of the nearby hotels:

    Beverly Heritage Hotel
    1820 Barber Lane
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.beverlyheritage.com/
    Tel: +1 408 943 9080

    Crown Plaza
    777 Bellew Drive
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h/d/CP/hd/sfomp
    Tel: +1 408 321 9500

    Hilton Garden Inn
    30 Ranch Drive
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SJCMHGI
    Tel: +1 408 719 1313

    Sheraton San Jose
    1801 Barber Lane
    Milpitas, CA 95035
    http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=670
    Tel: +1 408 943 0600

All of the above hotels offer shuttle service to and from the San Jose
airport, as well as shuttle service to and from the Cisco campus.  Please
check with the hotel for specific details and/or to make arrangements for
transportation.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in San Jose.

     Sincerely yours,

     Tom TAYLOR
     Mike BUCKLEY
     Martin EUCHNER
     Paul JONES (meeting manager of this meeting)
     Terry ANDERSON
     Sakae OKUBO (document manager of this meeting)
     Ernst HORVATH

listserv at lists.intel.com