Cause value for transport layer failures

Rich Bowen rkbowen at CISCO.COM
Thu Aug 1 18:18:15 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

I would appreciate your opinions on the most appropriate cause
value for an H.323 gateway to generate back to the SCN if a
transport layer failure occurs that prevents call setup or
results in the release of an active call.  We have a customer who
has requested 41 (Temporary failure), but 27 (Destination out of
order) and 38 (Network out of order) have also been suggested.
Of course, in the packet network we can't tell whether it's the
destination or the network that's out of order.  Personally I'm
inclined toward 38, though ...

Thanks,
Rich

--