H.460.1 editorial correction

Paul E. Jones paulej at PACKETIZER.COM
Wed Apr 24 19:38:09 EDT 2002

Dear Experts,

I received a consultation from the TSB regarding H.460.1, as to whether it
would be proper to introduce a clarification for text in the third paragraph
of Section 7.2. Specifically, the proposed change is from

"If the feature is defined using ASN.1, then it is recommended that the PER
encoding rules be used. ..."

"If the feature is defined using ASN.1, then it is recommended that the
basic aligned variant of the PER encoding rules be used. ..."

I personally support the correction since all H.323 equipment uses the basic
aligned variant for PER encoding and using anything else would be incorrect.
I would like to give the OK to the TSB for implementing this editorial
correction, but would like to confirm with you whether there are any
concerns with this change.  We could of course incorporate it via an
Implementers Guide later on, but we have the opportunity to have it right
from the start. If you have concerns, please let me know ASAP but preferably
not later than April 29, 2002.

Best Regards,