Double Your Sales Figure #6294

Derek F. Stuarte sbwkk at TECHPOINTER.COM
Fri Sep 21 23:09:23 EDT 2001

Dear Experts,

As you are aware, we have been working to re-schedule the ITU-T SG16
Q2-5,D,F, and G Rapporteur's meeting.  We now have a final date and location
for the meeting: the week of 29 October 2001 in Dublin, Ireland.

Please find the attached meeting notice and hotel reservation form for
details of the meeting.

NOTE: Hotel reservations must be made no later than 28 September 2001.

If you plan to attend the meeting in Dublin, please notify me by e-mail as
soon as possible.  If you had previously registered for the meeting in Santa
Barbara, please send me an e-mail indicating whether you will or will not be
attending the meeting in Dublin, Ireland.

Any documents that were previously registered for the meeting in Santa
Barbara will not need to be registered again.  However, authors may feel
free to revise and send updated drafts until the deadlines posted in the
meeting notice.  Also note that the registration period for new
contributions ends 19 October 2001.

On behalf of the Rapporteurs, I want to thank you for your patience as we
struggled with this issue in the face of the events that took place
September 11, 2001.  We look forward to seeing you in Dublin.

Best Regards,
Paul E. Jones

-------------- next part --------------
To    Experts of ITU-T SG16 Questions D, F, G, 2, 3, 4 and 5/16

Cc    Mr. P-A. Probst, Chairman of SG16 <probst-pa at bluewin.ch>
      Mr. G. Wreikat, Vice-Chairman of SG16 <wreikat at hotmail.com>
      Mr. F. Tosco, Chairman of WP2/16 <Federico.Tosco at tilab.com>
      Mr. F. Bigi, ITU-TSB <Fabio.Bigi at itu.int>
      Mr. L. Brown, Rapporteur Q.11/16 <Les.Brown at mindspeed.com>
      Mr. M. McLaughlin, LAKE Datacomms,
                             <michael.mclaughlin at lakecommunications.com>

De    T Taylor     Rapporteur for Q.D/16 <taylor at nortelnetworks.com>
      M Buckley    Rapporteur for Q.F/16 <mikebuckley at 44comms.com>
      M Euchner    Rapporteur for Q.G/16 <Martin.Euchner at icn.siemens.de>
      P Jones      Rapporteur for Q.2/16 <paulej at packetizer.com>
      G Freundlich Rapporteur for Q.3/16 <ggf at avaya.com>
      S Okubo      Rapporteur for Q.4/16 <okubo at giti.waseda.ac.jp>
      P Reddy      Rapporteur for Q.5/16 <paul.k.reddy at intel.com>

   Subject: Notice of Joint Rapporteur Meeting in Dublin, Ireland
   Date:    21 September 2001

Dear experts of Questions D, F, G, 2-5/16,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Dublin, Ireland
at the kind invitation of LAKE Datacomms.

Please note that Q.11/16 will meet concurrently at the same place and has
joint session(s) with Q.2/16 and Q.3/16.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     29 (Monday) October - 2 (Friday) November 2001
     Meeting will start at 9:00 AM on the first day
     closing around 18:00 on the final day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

     Grand Hotel
     Malahide
     Co. Dublin
     Ireland
     Tel: +353 1 8450000
     http://www.thegrand.ie

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group activities

2) Q.2/16 Multimedia over packet networks using H.323 systems

- Progress work on:
    * Annex Gv2/H.225.0
    * H.323 Annex N (QoS)
    * H.323 Annex O (I-net protocols)
    * H.323 Annex P "Modem Relay"
    * H.450.x new recommendations
    * H.GEF.1 (GEF Framework)
    * H.GEF.3 (Presence)
    * H.GEF.4 (Emergency Services)
    * H.225.0v5
    * H.323v5

3) Q.3/16 Infrastructure and interoperability for Multimedia over
          packet networks

- Progress work on:
    * H.245 V9 (if needed)
    * H.248 V2
    * New H.248 packages
    * MoIP (modem over IP) as it relates to Q.3

4) Q.4/16 Video and data conferencing using Internet-supported services

- Describe service scenarios
- Describe technical requirements
- Elaborate the workplan

5) Q.5/16 Mobility for Multimedia Systems and Services

- Progress work on:
    * H.MMS.0 (General MM)
    * H.MMS.1 (H.323 Mobility)
    * H.MMS.2 (Global MM Interop)
    * H.MMS.3 (Presence)
    * H.MMS.4 (IM and Mobility Interoperability)

6) Q.D/16 Interoperability of Multimedia Systems and Services

- Establishing principles for interoperability of multimedia signalling systems

7) Q.F/16 Quality of Service and End-to-end Performance in Multimedia Systems

 - Progress work on:
    * H.qos.arch (QoS Architecture)
    * H.mmclass  (Multimedia QoS Service classification)
    * H.mmcp  (Call processing performance in Multimedia Systems)
    * H.priority  (Techniques and procedures for controlling service priority)
    * H.323 Annex N  (QoS signalling and control in H.323 systems)
    * H.trans.control  (QoS signalling to Transport Domains)
    * H.qos.m  (QoS management issues)
    * H.policy  (QoS Policy Server Signalling)
    * H.resilience  (Error Resilience for media codecs)

8) Q.G/16

- Progress work on:
    * H.235 V3
    * H.235 Annex F (Hybrid Security Profile)
    * H.235 Annex G (H.MMS.1 security)
    * work on emergency security services

8) Interaction with other groups

9) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

 /// Registration of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 19 October 2001 ///
 /// Distribution of the document: by 23:59 UTC, 22 October 2001 ///
 /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution     ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify
       Glen Freundlich <ggf at avaya.com>, meeting document manager of this
       meeting, as soon as possible, by 23:59 UTC, Friday 19 October at
       the latest. Document number AVD-nnnn will be allocated. Early
       indication of your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "AVD" comes from Audio, Video and Data.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document AVD-{nnnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.D, F, G, 2-5/16 Rapporteur Meeting                       {Date}|
| Dublin, 29 October - 2 November 2001                             |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their documents
       as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance of the
       meeting (23:59 UTC, Monday 22 October 2001 or before) by posting
       them at either of the following:

  - PictureTel ftp site (please advise Mr. Freundlich of your posting)

        Site:       standard.pictel.com/avc-site
        Login name: anonymous
        Directory:  Incoming

  - Intel e-mail reflector

        e-mail address: itu-sg16 at mailbag.intel.com

Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is voluminous.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from /0110_Dub directory of the
       ftp site.

5)     The document distribution / presentation at the meeting will be all
       electronic.  Participants must bring along their laptop and Ethernet
       card.  It is recommended that participants bring an Ethernet
       cable at least 7 meters in length.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The meeting will be hosted by LAKE Datacomms and held at the
Grand Hotel in Dublin, Ireland.

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To register your meeting attendance, please send e-mail to
Paul E. Jones <paulej at packetizer.com> specifying the name of the
person(s) attending and the company name.  Please also make your hotel
reservations directly with the hotel.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When making reservations, mention that you are attending the
meeting hosted by LAKE Datacomms and the Booking Reference 3229
in order to get the special room rate.  A separate document
"hotel_reservation.doc" contains details about rates and where
to send the reservation.  This file can be found on the PictureTel
server in the meeting directory referenced above.

NOTE: Hotel reservations must be made on or before September 28, 2001.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Dublin.

     Sincerely yours,

     Tom TAYLOR
     Mike BUCKLEY
     Martin EUCHNER
     Paul JONES (meeting manager of this meeting)
     Glen FREUNDLICH
     Sakae OKUBO
     Paul REDDY