Santa Barbara meeting postponed
Christian.Groves at ERICSSON.COM.AU
Mon Sep 17 21:38:28 EDT 2001
I would like to thank the rapporteurs for coming to an early decision at
this tough time. I think it is important to get sufficient
representation at the meetings.
I would certainly support a meeting in Europe as travelling to this
destination has not been restricted for many companies. With regards a
date for the upcoming meeting I'm not sure what procedures the ITU have
for postponing meetings but I guess we would have to respect an
announcement period. Unfolding events no doubt will have influence on
both a venue and timing.
My personal preferred dates would be 22-26 Oct or 12-16 Nov.
Glen Freundlich wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
> This morning, several rapporteurs (Sakae Okubo, Gary Sullivan, Paul
> Jones, Paul Reddy, Les Brown, Tom Taylor, Glen Freundlich) held a
> conference call and decided to postpone the Santa Barbara meeting of
> Q.D, F, G, 2-5 (I've talked separately with Martin Euchner and he also
> agrees). Considering the reduced attendance due to travel
> restrictions, we felt we did not have sufficient representation. Note
> that Gary Sullivan still plans to hold the Q.6 meeting as scheduled.
> We are currently investigating alternatives, but feel that we will try
> to reschedule for the end of October or early November in Europe or in
> the U.S. Please respond as soon as possible if you are aware of
> conflicts with other meetings or holidays over these days.
> Please be sure to cancel your hotel reservations accordingly.
> Please continue to post your contributions. This will give us some
> opportunity to discuss the proposals via email. When we have agreed on
> a new meeting date, we can work out the details for submitting
> Best Regards,
> Glen Freundlich (on behalf of the other rapporteurs mentioned above)
For help on this mail list, send "HELP ITU-SG16" in a message to
listserv at mailbag.intel.com
More information about the sg16-avd