[Megaco] Contribution AVD-2173 -- Implications Of Context At tribute Descri ptors

Tom-PT Taylor taylor at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Oct 25 21:19:54 EDT 2001

You're undoubtedly right on date -- the great IETF legal intercept debate
occurred in the fall, following Megaco discussion of the same topic.  I had
Red Bank in mind, but this is one thing that didn't happen in Red Bank.

Nevertheless, the fact that contributions are going in to the present
meeting to fill in gaps kind of makes my point.  We really didn't think
context properties through, so that up to now they haven't had the same
solid foundation as termination properties.  I'm arguing we need more time
to think through the semantic issues at the least, and to make sure that the
protocol aspects are as regular as we can make them.

Agreed that you can't drop existing properties on the floor.  But we can do
something like requiring that the new form be used when later-version
implementations are talking to each other.