Implementors Guide not normative?

Terry L Anderson tla at LUCENT.COM
Wed Oct 10 14:06:45 EDT 2001

True!  Since most of us thought it always was.  But it might be better to fix
our process properly.

Q.14/16 folks seem to use "Amendments".  T.38 for example, has Ammendments 1,2,3
& 4 approved.  These contain additional Annexes as well as modifications to
T.38, often using language little different from our IG.  Perhaps, our IG could
be simply converted into an Amendment periodically and approved.  (Actually it
would need to be split into separate amendments for each recommendation).  These
would need to follow AAP rules for approval rather than simply being approved at
a SG meeting.  Amendments are supposes to be limited to no more often than every
two years (like new versions), but there is an exception for minor purely
editorial changes or corrections due to an "oversight", so I think we would have
no restrictions on the changes we have been putting into IGs.

A.11 states that
"Minor modifications may be covered by publishing amendments or corrigenda
rather than reissuing the complete Recommendation."

I cannot find a defined difference between "amendments" and "corrigenda".